The Bachelor And Bachelorette Couples: Where Are They Now? | The Odyssey Online

The Bachelor And Bachelorette Couples: Where Are They Now?

What happened to them after the final rose?

3501
tyjna.com

"The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" are always some of the most talked-about television shows. Every Monday from 8-10 p.m., fans are glued to their television to watch beautiful people go on beautiful dates in beautiful clothes. While we all want to know who will be the lucky man or woman to be chosen, we never really think about what happens after the "After the Final Rose".

After weeks of living in luxury, they now have to go back to their everyday lives, where instead of going on a helicopter ride over a volcano, their average date consists of take out Chinese food and a movie. With a 14 percent success rate over the past 13 years, most of the couples did not make it out of the show alive. Here is where they are now.

1. Alex Michel & Amanda Marsh (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Trista Rehn

Where They Are Now: Not Together. While Michel did not propose to Marsh at the season finale, they did enter into a relationship. After a few months, the couple broke up and went their separate ways. Amanda Marsh is now married to her childhood friend and has a daughter while Alex Michel became a spokeperson for Match.com (ironic) and Princess Cruises.

2. Aaron Buerge & Helene Eksterowicz (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Brooke Smith

Where They Are Now: This couple broke up within several weeks of the show ending, proving yet again that if you want a long lasting relationship this is not the show to be on. Buerge is now married with a daughter and Eksterowicz married in 2013. Hopefully these relationships last longer than the one they had together.

3. Trista Rehn & Ryan Sutter (The Bachelorette)

Runner Up: Charlie Maher

Where They Are Now: This couple is one of the few to have their lives together, and they actually live together. In 2003, they got married on cable television. They have continued to grow their family and now have two children together. Trista also was a contestant on "Dancing with the Stars." Congrats to these people for living normal lives.

4. Andrew Firestone & Jennifer Schefft (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Kirsten Buschbacher

Where They Are Now: This couple was not so lucky. They broke up within a few weeks of the show ending. Firestone is now married to a Serbian actress and has two sons and a daughter with her. Jen Schefft then went on to be the Bachelorette on the third season, keep reading to find out how that went for her.

5. Bob Guiney & Estella Gardinier (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Kelly Jo Kuharski

Where They Are Now: Bob Guiney did not propose to Estella Gardinier but asked her to date, they then went on to break up a few months later (anyone sensing a trend?). Guiney later married a soap opera star but then got divorced five years later (love really works out for this guy). The only info found on Miss Gardinier is that she dating.

6. Meredith Phillips & Ian McKee (The Bachelorette)

Runner Up: Matthew Hickl

Where They Are Now: Meredith was a contestant, sorry, love interest on Bob Guiney's season and made it to his top four. She then went on to be the Bachelorette and met this hunk. These two got engaged at the end of the season with their relationship lasting a year which is longer than most. Meredith Phillps, after struggling with alcoholism and receiving treatment, then went on to write her own cookbook and pursue her dream of cooking. There is little to no information on Ian McKee so lets just hope he is doing something with his life.

7. Jesse Palmer & Jessica Bowlin (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Tara Huckeby

Where They Are Now: In this season, Jesse Palmer did not propose to Jessica Bowlin, but decided they should date instead. They broke up in a few weeks. Prior to becoming the Bachelor, Palmer was a professional football player for the New York Giants and the Montreal Alouettes. He now is a college football analysis for ESPN. Bowling then went onto graduate law school and pass the State Bar of California. She is now married with one son.

8. Byron Velvick & Mary Delgado (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Tanya Michel

Where They Are Now: This season was the first time there were two bachelors and the women had to choose which one they liked better, similar to what occurred this season on "The Bachelorette." After proposing, these two lovebirds stayed together for five years, which at this point in the show is a record. Before the show, Velvick was a pro bass fisher and Delgado went on to become a pro fisher of her own. On one fateful night after a Bachelor reunion, Mary Delgado was arrested on battery charges after punching Velvick in the mouth. She now has her own fitness channel on YouTube. It is probably safer for the both of them to not be together.

9. Jennifer Schefft & Jerry Ferris (The Bachelorette)

Runner Up: John Paul Merritt

Where They Are Now: After not finding a lasting relationship the first time on "The Bachelor," Jennifer gave this process a second chance on her own season. Schist rejected both of the proposals in the finale and decided to start a relationship with Ferris, the second runner-up. After he proposed to her, on an episode of "After The Finale Rose," she then went on reject him saying that the chemistry was just not there for her in the end. This show definitely did not work out for her. Schefft is now married with two children. Jerry Ferris is now an actor and can be seen in some TV shows.

10. Charlie O'Connell & Sarah Brice (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Krisily Kennedy

Where They Are Now: In the end, O'Connell did not propose to Sarah Brice, but the two entered into a two-year relationship that was then rekindled a year later only to last for another two years. Charlie O'Connell is an actor and you can see him in small roles in many different tv shows. Brice later went on to get married and have two children. She now works for a company that sells laser products for cosmetic procedures.

11. Travis Lane Stork & Sarah Stone (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Moana Dixon

Where They Are Now: Stork did not propose to Stone and the couple broke up shortly after the season ended. Before the show, Travis was a medical doctor and is now featured on CBS's "The Doctors."He is also now married. Sarah then went on to become a real estate agent, and she is now married with two children.

12. Lorenzo Borghese & Jennifer Wilson (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Sadie Murray

Where They Are Now: Here is another case where the bachelor did not propose. These two entered into a relationship that lasted around a year. This is the season that brought us the always funny Erica Rose, who would later go on to star on "The Bachelor Pad." Also, a finalist on this season, Tara Durr, then went onto marry John Pressor, who was a contestant on the fifth season of "The Bachelorette." Glad that the show could finally have another working relationship. No joke, this man comes from a long line of royalty in Italy so he just went back to doing what ever it is that the royals do... and run a high end skin care line and pet products. He also had a web show where he went looking for his next "Princess" (she would actually become a princess). Jennifer Wilson is now happily married and lives in Florida.

13. Andrew Baldwin & Tessa Horst (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Bevin Nicole Powers

Where They Are Now: This military man proposed, but the two decided to call of their engagement, but continued their relationship. However, they only stayed together for a few months after the season finale. Horst broke up with Baldwin while he was on deployment in the pacific. This season, there is another case of intraseason marriage, with Peyton Wright marrying Chris Lambton, who was on the sixth season of "The Bachelorette". Andrew Baldwin is a U.S. Naval Officer, and went back on duty, but he also found the time to date Donald Trump's ex-wife Marla Maples. Tessa Horst then went on to get married and works as a social worker as an infant and child mental health specialist.

14. Brad Womak & Brad Womak (The Bachelor)

Runners Up: DeAnna Papas & Jenni Croft

Where He Is Now: Mr. Womak decided not to accept any of the proposals from either of the women on his season. But don't worry we see this man again a few seasons later when he tries his chances with love again.

15. Matt Grant & Shayne Lamas (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Chelsea Wanstrath

Where They Are Now: This season was the first time they brought in a British man, but that didn't seem to make a difference because these two eventually broke up within a few months of the show ending. Shayne Lamas shortly after was arrested on a DUI, but went on to marry the founder of TheDirty.com after only knowing him a few hours. Surprisingly she has been able to make the relationship work and now has a daughter. According to his Instagram, Matt Grant seems to have a girlfriend and travels a lot.

16. DeAnna Papas & Jesse Csincsak (The Bachelorette)

Runner Up: Jason Mesnick

Where They Are Now: After taking a few years' hiatus, "The Bachelorette" came back with DeAnna who was one of two not chosen in Brad Womack's season. These two got engaged and had even picked out a wedding date but eventually broke it off. This season we were introduced to the fan favorite, Michael Stagliano. DeAnna went on not to marry him, but his brother, Stephen, and the two now have a daughter together. Jesse Csincsak is now married to a contestant from season 13 of "The Bachelor," Ann Leuders. So while they did not workout with each other, the show definitely helped them find love.

17. Jason Mesnick & Melissa Rycroft (The Bachelor)

Runner Up (?): Molly Malaney

Where They Are Now: This man was the runner-up on "The Bachelorette" and then received his own season. This man created a lot of drama for himself and for all of us to watch. While he chose Melissa Rycroft on the series finale, a few weeks later on national television he went back on his decision and decided he loved runner-up Molly Malaney. Mesnick then went on to marry Molly Malaney and they have a child together. After being dumped on national television, Rycroft went onto "Dancing with the Stars" and eventually won the title. She is also now married with her wedding being aired on national television.

18. Jillian Harris & Ed Swiderski (The Bachelorette)

Runner Up: Kypton Locke

Where They Are Now: This Bachelorette was first seen on Jason Mesnick's season and then went on to have a season on her own in which she ended up engaged to Ed Swiderski. After a year, the couple broke off their engagement. Jillian Harris then went on to be apart of the design team on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" until the series ended. Ed Swiderski spent sometime on "Bachelor Pad" and has just recently gotten married.

19. Jake Pavelka & Vienna Girardi (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Tenley Molzahn

Where They Are Now: This airplane pilot proposed to Vienna Girardi even when all of America wanted Tenley Molzahn. These two broke up a few months later. Before this though, Pavelka went on to do a stint on "Dancing With the Stars" because that seems to be a thing all bachelors and bachelorettes much do now. After their breakup, these two both thought it would be a great idea to do "Bachelor Pad" the same season. Pavelka then went on to do some low-key acting in a few TV shows here and there. After the show, Girardi opened up a boutique, but it closed after only a year of business (things never seem to last for these individuals) and is now a PR rep for a software company. This was also the season that featured Gia Allemand, who sadly committed suicide in 2013.

20. Ali Fedotowsky & Roberto Martinez

Runner Up: Chris Lambton

Where They Are Now: Ali Fedotowsky was on Jake Pavelka's season, but decided to leave when she received an amazing job offer. In her season, Roberto Martinez received the first impression rose and then made it all the way to the end. But alas, these two broke up a few months after the season finale. Ali is doing pretty well for herself, and you can now see her featured as an E!News correspondent. Roberto Martinez is now dating a woman from Playboy, working in insurance and still hanging out with all of the bachelor alums.

21. Brad Womack & Emily Maynard (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Chantal O'Brien

Where They Are Now: This man got another chance of love, and he actually picked someone! At the end of their taping Womack proposed to Maynard, but the two broke up before the end of the show even aired. They got back for a time after the rose ceremony, but broke up again shortly after. Womack now co-owns a several bars on Texas with his brothers. We see Miss. Maynard again on a future season of "The Bachelorette."

22. Ashley Hebert & J.P. Rosenbaum (The Bachelorette)

Runner Up: Ben Flajnik

Where They Are Now: Ashley was rejected on Brad Womack's second season but then went on to have a season of her own. And good thing she did because this is one of the few couples that have actually worked out. A year after the show ended, these two got married that aired as a TV special. The couple now have one son together.

23. Ben Flajnik & Courtney Robertson (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Lindzi Cox

Where They Are Now: During this season, this girl was known as a the villain, so it surprised everyone when Flajnik decided to propose to her. He must not have enjoyed what he saw occurring behind his back because the two broke up while the season was airing. They reconciled for a time but then broke up for good a few months after that. Courtney then went on to write a book titled "I Didn't Come Here To Make Friends: Confessions of a Reality TV Villain" if that tells you anything of her personality. Flajnik now owns a winery and continues to deny that he is dating Kris Jenner.

24. Emily Maynard & Jef Holm (The Bachelorette)

Runner Up: Arie Luyendyk

Where They Are Now: Maynard has a daughter, Ricki, so production was moved to her hometown so that she could be closer to her daughter. The two were only together for a few months before they broke up. Maynard is now married to a man she met at church and they have a son together. Jef Holm is traveling the world and continuing to just be his cool self.

25. Sean Lowe & Catherine Giudici (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Lindsay Yenter

Where They Are Now: After being sent home on Emily Maynard's season, Lowe had his own season where he met and proposed to Catherine Giudici. Or should I say Catherine Lowe because the two got married. The two had a very beautiful televised wedding ceremony where they famously waited to have sex until that night. Lowe also did a stint on "Dancing with the Stars." The two are still happily married and are the only couple from "The Bachelor" to get married.

26. Desiree Hartstock & Chris Siegfried (The Bachelorette)

Runner Up: Drew Kenney

Where They Are Now: "The Bachelorette" seems to have quite the success rate because these two have also stayed together. The couple got married two years after the show aired and now live in Seattle together. They enjoy living a quite life together and live fairly normal lives.

27. Juan Pablo Galavis & Nikki Ferrell (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Clare Crawley

Where They Are Now: This man is known for being one of the most hated bachelor's in the history of the show. He did not propose to Nikki Ferrell but chose to continue their relationship. These two couldn't seem to get it together, so they decided the best way to make it work was to go on "Couples Therapy." But in the end this TV show could not help them, and they went their separate ways. After the split, Galavis went back to his daughter and continues to play soccer. Ferrell went back to being a pediatric nurse.

28. Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray (The Bachelorette)

Runner Up: Nick Viall

Where They Are Now: After walking away on the eighth episode of Juan Pablo's season, Dorfman was then rewarded with her own season. The two became engaged but broke up right after Sean and Catherine's wedding. After the breakup, Andi decided to uproot herself from her hometown Atlanta and move to New York City and travel rather than go back to being a lawyer in Georgia. Murray is now dating, and said he would not mind if he was a next Bachelor.

29. Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff (The Bachelor)

Runner Up: Becca Tilley

Where They Are Now: These two were only together for four months before they broke off their engagement. But before things ended between them, Soules went on to dancing in "Dancing With the Stars," but he did not win. Bischoff went back to being a fertility nurse and Soules went back to his little farm town where the population is smaller than my high school.

30. Kaitlyn Bristowe & Shawn Booth (The Bachelorette)

Runner Up: Nick Viall

Where They Are Now: Hopefully still together. Nick Viall was left standing alone for the second time and Shawn Booth was picked to be the chosen one. Maybe these two can change the 14 percent success rate of the show. May the love be ever in their favor.