The 7 Boys You're Going To Date Before Finding The One | The Odyssey Online

The 7 Boys You're Going To Date Before Finding The One

Some things don't last forever, maybe in another lifetime he will be the one.

29
business tipz

Before you find "the one," there is going to be a little bit of trial and error along the way. Looking back now, all the ones that have come and gone from life have all been here for a reason and have changed you in a way to make you who you are today.

Everyone that comes and stays or comes and goes from your life has some sort of impact, and even if we don't want to admit it, they are what makes us today. The lessons we learned from them brought us to where we are and will eventually be the reason you found "the one."

The One You Forget Happened

Okay, I know we're not proud of this one actually happening, but it did. Every now and then when you think back to all the guys you've dated, he just seems to slip your mind. He didn't make a huge impact on your life and he definitely wasn't here to stay, but he did entertain you for a little while there. Maybe he introduced to some new music or taught you how to skateboard, surely nothing significant but he still did bring something to you that made a slight difference.

The One Who Really Wasn't Your Type

Taking a chance on someone different is always good for you because without those little experiments, you would not know what type of person you are really looking for. This is the guy that doesn't exactly match all the other profiles of the guys you have dated.

In some cases, he might have been the one that focused a little more on the books rather than the gym. Hopefully, this guy brought you some good study tips that you carried through college. On the other hand, maybe you dated the one who wasn't an A+ student but did excel in a sport was going for the pros. This guy will have brought you the bragging right to say you dated him when he does make it big. In the end, the guy that just did not quite fit in with your normal type, but he at least proved to keep going for what you have been.

The One Who Made You Worse

The bad boy that we all need a taste of never lasts and for a good reason. The boy that parties all night and sleeps all day and faintly remembers what happened once they wake up is the type of boy that will bring you down.

Of course, you're going to want to go along with this boy in the beginning and keeping up with them is all you want to do. After a couple weeks, though, life is going to hit and you're going to realize that living like that is not realistic and all the places you want to go in life are not going to happen with a bad influence staying next to you. So let him keep partying every night and thank him for the few fun times you two had.

The Almost Relationship

Now this is a tough one. We don't know what would have happened if this person went from being just an interest to an actual relationship. There were probably a few dates in there and a couple long late night calls but it never went any further than that. As much as we might wish now that we pushed and made it to be more, we have to figure that things didn't progress for a reason.

If this boy also didn't push to make it more than it shows that it clearly wasn't right, if someone is head over heels for you now I'm sure you could find someone later who would drop the world for you. Not everyone you hit it off with is meant to be it. It may always be in the back of our head "what if" but when you do find the one you will know why.

The One You Let Get Away

This may be similar to the almost relationship guy but in this case, the boy made the big move and you ran away. The one you may have also really gotten to know and liked, but when he tried to make things more serious or official, you found yourself going the other way.

You may be running because you've had heartbreak before and are guarding yourself from this again or there may just be a gut feeling that it isn't meant to happen. For all we know, now it could have been an amazing relationship that we let get away. It is going to happen to all of us but if it's right, it isn't right.

The One Who Broke Your Heart

Boys suck. We all know this. We somehow still get stuck getting heartbroken by some boy, though. Broke up with you for another girl? Cheated on you? Broke up with you with no explanation? Abused you in any way? So on and so forth.

This guy did something that sent your world upside down and will probably stick with you forever. You may not be upset about it forever, but a little piece of your heart will be permanently broken. Thinking back to this person will leave you with a little sting reminding you all he put you through. The reason it didn't work out with this boy is extremely translucent and you deserve more.

The One You Thought Was The One

Everything was perfect between you two, the conversation never dulled, the laugh never died, love was always flowing, and trust was always present. The two of you probably lasted a long time and seemed like it would stick like that forever. Some things don't last forever, though.

This boy is always going to have a special place in your heart for all the good times you two had together. Breaking up for whatever reason was probably the hardest thing you had to go through because you genuinely thought nothing could happen to the two of you but life gets in the way and people have different paths they have to take. Maybe in another lifetime, he will be the one.