5 Types Of Friends You Need In Your Life

In order for you to lift others up, you need to have friends that share their talents to help you.

151

When it comes to friends we tend to connect better with certain types of people. It's not my place to stereotype, but often, it's easy to tell what kind of friend someone will be after being around him or her for just a short period of time. Once you weed out the "bad friends," you still have a plethora of great people to choose from! The best way to succeed in life is to be well rounded with friends. A family is what you are born into, so you have to love them no matter what, but friends you choose yourself.

Surround yourself with the positive, uplifting, talented, kind, service oriented, spiritual, outgoing, deep, strong individuals that you meet. If they make you want to become a better person, you're on the right track! Just don't forget that you might be that kind of friend to someone who is struggling, so don't push away someone you can serve.

The Types of People You Need

1. The "Go And Do, Don't Sit and Stew" Type

We all have friends that make us go do things that we don't always want to do. They take us on adventures of all kinds, but most importantly, they get us to do things we should do. Things like talking to and being friendly with people you don't yet know and serving others because it's the right thing to do and not because it's convenient. Being around this kind of person will help with shyness and keep you from focusing so much on yourself. It might even help with public speaking because of all the chances you're given to talk to strangers. This kind of friend is one you want around a lot because he or she will help you in reaching your full potential.

2. The "Handy Man" Type

Everyone needs and should want to have one of these types around. You might fit into another category, so share your God-given gifts with this person and he (and sometimes she) will share with you! If you don't have family close by, it's nice having someone you can call when your car breaks down or your electronic device stops working. Keep in mind that sometimes you'll have to have a mechanic friend and then another friend with everything else handy, but sometimes just having someone who will drop everything to come and rescue you when you're stranded or just need to get out of a situation is the only kind of "handy" you need.

3. The "No Judgement Listener" Type

These are nice to have because no matter who you are, you NEED to talk and let things out that you bury inside. You don't want to be vulnerable and you don't want people to think less of you because of choices you make and feelings you have, but these are those friends who don't judge you. They are your shoulder to cry on because they understand that you have your own trials and struggles and it's not their place to judge. You can often figure out what you need to do just by voicing it to someone.

4. The "True Adviser" Type

I've found that this type is often linked with the "No Judgement Listener," but either way, you'll want this type in your life. When you're stuck with a decision, they'll help you step back and weigh your options. Sometimes a new perspective or at least another brain helping with the choice is all that's needed. This type of friend is wise. You can learn a lot from this person, and maybe learn how to advise others when they come to you with personal struggles.

5. The "Spiritual Giant" Type

Life and religion should be one and the same. Sometimes it's nice having someone around that can remind us of that. Having a friend who always looks at things with spiritual eyes can be a good "eye opener" for you. Sometimes we want to know why we have to be tested in certain ways and forget that God has a plan for us that we cannot yet know or understand. This type of friend will be there to remind us and suggest praying when we feel lost. They're so in-tune that sometimes they do something that lifts you up just because they had a feeling.

Of course, you need and want more than just five friends in your life, and I'm sure you can add on a few types of friends to this list, but these are a start. To know if you have the right kind of people in your life, just try to decide if they make you want to be a better person. If not, do you make them want to be better? If there is no kind of progress from either end, perhaps you shouldn't have that friend in your life and it's time to move on. Now, the real question is what types of friends do you have?