10 Most Relatable Parks And Rec Quotes | The Odyssey Online

10 Most Relatable Parks And Rec Quotes

All of these speak to me on a spiritual level.

696
10 Most Relatable Parks And Rec Quotes
The Huffington Post

If you're anything like me, you love the show Parks and Recreation (affectionately referred to as Parks and Rec). It is by far one of the best mockumentary-style shows ever (outside of "The Office"). Parks and Rec contains some of the most quoteable lines that we, as college kids, can all relate to. Here are the 10 most relatable Parks and Rec quotes.

1.“I have no idea what I’m doing, but I know I’m doing it really, really well." — Andy Dwyer

I know for a fact that I have little to no idea what I'm doing most of the time. Andy certainly doesn't have any idea what he's doing throughout the show's entirety, and I can relate to that.

2. “Jogging is the worst. I know it keeps you healthy, but god, at what cost?" — Ann Perkins

As a person that hates running, I can definitely relate to this. The best part of running is when one stops running, and this quote from Ann Perkins perfectly captures the collective distaste for running.

3. “I don’t want to do things. I want to not do things." — April Ludgate

April says how I feel pretty much on a constant basis.

4. “We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles and work. Or waffles, friends, work. It doesn’t matter. But work is third."— Leslie Knope

The first two items are interchangeable, but I agree with Leslie. Work is absolutely third.

5. "You're in trouble because of your own stupidity."- Leslie Knope

Oh the times I've wanted to say something like this to people I have classes with.

6. “History began on July 4, 1776. Everything that happened before that was a mistake.”- Ron Swanson

If there's one quote that perfectly sums up the Fourth of July, this is it. Well done, Ron. Well done.

7. "Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait…wait. I worry what you just heard was: give me a lot of bacon and eggs. What I said was: give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Do you understand?"- Ron Swanson

Once again, Ron struck gold with this fantastic line while ordering food in a diner. This quote fully summarizes my general hunger level at any given point during the day. Ron might just be my favorite character on Parks and Rec just because of this quote.

8. "Treat yo self!"-Donna Meagle and Tom Haverford

This is what I tell myself every time I get an overpriced cup of Starbucks coffee.

9. "I tried to make ramen and the coffee pot and broke everything."- Andy Dwyer

This is usually what happens to me when I try to improvise.

10. "There has never been a sadness that can't be cured by breakfast food."- Ron Swanson

I could not agree more, Ron.