The Thanksgiving Experience: According to Kermit | The Odyssey Online

The Thanksgiving Experience: According to Kermit

How Thanksgiving usually goes, according to Kermit.

60

Can you taste the Thanksgiving food in your mouth? The sound of the cooking, the smells of the turkey, the flavors of the mashed potatoes, stuffing, and corn bread? I am there, it is coming - Thanksgiving is slowly approaching us aka THE BEST HOLIDAY EVER TO EXIST. EVER. I am so excited to indulge in the festivities and food. (Literally drooling right now.)

1. You realize you gotta drive home from school.....especially when home is hours away.

2. You come home and your family is like:

3. While hugging and catching up with your family, you also start to think about school......

4. Spending time with the family is nice, but low key trying not to stress.

5. A few days later........it's here! THANKSGIVING DAY! You spend the day waiting, quietly. You are hungry. You want that turkey. But you must wait because if you get hangry, your mother will yell at you for being impatient.

6. Goodness! Gracious! Your mother finally stopped cooking.

You have been waiting 500 hours. You can smell it, you can experience it, and this food will be in your stomach very soon. You are stuffing literally everything in your mouth and it is SO GOOD. Your struggling in college is WORTH THIS MEAL.

7. Now, you are full. It hits you like a hurricane, a tsunami, and a tornado all at once.

You are done-zo. You are sleepy, tired, exhausted, and all you wanna do is lie down.

8. But then, your family is discussing politics and deep issues. You're like:

9. You remember that you love your family, and that you are thankful.

It wouldn't be the same without them.

10. For the rest of Thanksgiving, you are recovering from the insane amount of eating stuffing, crazy family discussions, and school.

You are about to head back to school, and you want to stay instead. But you remember that you'll be back for winter break :)