Thank You Mom And Dad For Sending Me To College | The Odyssey Online

Thank You Mom And Dad For Sending Me To College

Without you, where would I be?

1113

Where would a lot of us be without our parents?

I can not speak for all but I can speak for some when I say that my parents are the backbone to my success. I would not have the opportunities and resources that I need. Things would have not got done which would of put me in uncomfortable circumstances. These things would have had a major impact in my life and my life would possibly be different.

As a college student, I can not thank both of you enough for the support you give me mentally, spiritually and financially.

With your financial support, I am able to have school supplies, clothes and food to help me focus while I am in school. It also takes much of the burden off of me when it comes to paying for other small school-related things and I can not explain how great that feels to have this support.

I also appreciate your support mentally. I know that I have a lot more responsibility with me being older and all but I also know that I am prone to make some decisions that may not be the best. By both of you giving me wonderful advice, it helps me reach my full potential and achieve my life and career goals.

Spiritually, your prayers are the most important thing that gives me comfort. I know that you worry about me and hope nothing ever happens to me but by you supporting me in spirit through prayer, I am comfortable and protected.

You make supporting me look easy but I know all of the hard work that goes into it. I understand the time that you have to sacrifice. You could be doing other things such as going on vacation, going out to eat, shopping or just nothing at all. Instead, you sacrificed most if not all of these things to give your me the opportunity to have a different but great life.

I admire your perseverance and disciplined that you have instilled in me. It has taught me how to be grateful and fight through all of my struggles in life and school. I could not be in such a wonderful position if these things were not taught to me.

Finally, I can not thank you for the many things that you have and still do for me:

1. Picking me up from school and taking me back home

2. Finding a way to give me food for a couple of weeks

3. Calling to make sure I am okay

4. Finding money to put into my bank account

5. Giving me relentless love

6. Finding a way to always spend time with me at my convenience.

These things and many more (that I may have forgotten) are the reason why I can not thank you enough. Again, Thank You! You are the best parents a child can ask for and you are the M.V.P. (Most Valuable People) and G.O.A.T. (Greatest of all time) in my lifetime.