A Thank You Letter To Chance The Rapper | The Odyssey Online

A Thank You Letter To Chance The Rapper

I want to thank you for more than just your music!

8
A Thank You Letter To Chance The Rapper
Sarah Kane

Dear Chancelor Johnathan Bennett (Chance the Rapper),

Hi, my name is Sarah Kane. I first off want to say that your music is truly heart touching and in many ways. Most people would want to tell you thank you just for making such great music, but I want to tell you thank you for some many other reasons. With that being said, the first thing I want to take time on thanking you on is for being an independent artist. I know that starting from where you did and choosing to be an independent artist must not have been easy, but thank you for doing it anyway and never changing your mind toward it. With you being an independent artist you have started to show those around you that you don’t always have to have to a label attached to your name to get to the top like everyone says you do.

I also want to say thank you for sharing your faith and sharing it publically. Being in the world we live in today, I know that sharing your faith can sometimes be difficult, but you don’t let that bother you. I applaud that, and I truly believe that you create an atmosphere even in a concert setting by sharing your faith the way you do. I recently saw you perform for the first time live at Hangout Fest in Gulf Shores, Alabama, and I want to say thank you for allowing the presence of the Lord to show His face. One of my favorite things that you said during your show was right before you sang “Finish Line” and that was “I’m trying to get to heaven, and I want you to go to heaven too.” When you spoke those words there was a change in the whole night and it was amazing!

Thank you for showing people how amazing God’s blessings are. Being an independent artist is a lot of work, and by standing in faith like you do He has helped you make it the way you have. You have shown me the reminder that even things that other people would say are impossible are not impossible with the helping hand of God. You have such an amazing career ahead of you, and I will gladly support it and continue to listen to your music because you understand that God still loves even those who are completely unperfected, wants the best for us, and wants us to be with Him.

Lastly, I just want to say that I hope that I will be able to see another one of your shows again soon because the short time that I got to see you at Hangout Fest was not even close to enough. Once again, thank you for being the difference in the music industry, and thank you for being completely okay with being different than everyone else.

Sincerely,

Sarah Kane