Ten Years Of Taylor Swift | The Odyssey Online

Ten Years Of Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift's Impacts

51
Ten Years Of Taylor Swift
Photo From Pinterest

Taylor Swift is one of the most influential businesswoman and celebrity in the world today. On October 24, Swift celebrated her ten year anniversary of her very first album Taylor Swift. That day also marks the beginning of Swift's career which has continued to produce 4 more studio albums and 4 tours. In honor of Taylor Swift, here are ten things that make her a notable celebrity and good role.

1. Donations to Charity

Swift has been very generous over the past ten years. She donated $100,000 to help victims in the Cedar Rapids flood in Iowa in 2008. She also donated $500,000 to a flood relief fund in Nashville, Tennessee in May 2010. To support tornado victims in West Alabama, she donated $250,000 to Nick's Kids. Swift also donated her prom dress to charity, raising $1,200. Swift also donated $4 million to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum to open the Taylor Swift Education Center. She has supported over 30 different charities and continues to do so.

2. Concerts for Charity

Swift keeps on giving in other ways. She performed at Children in Need concert and raise £13,000 in 2009. On May 23, 2011, Swift performed a concert for the people affected by tornados in southeast United States. She raised $750,000 to be donated to the people.

3. For the Children

In 2015, Swift donated a total of $50,000 to a young girl with Leukemia who was unable to attend her concert due to treatment during the 1989 Tour. She has also donated to other children with serious illness including a baby with cancer and a couple with medical reasons through Go Fund Me.

4. Empowerment

Swift is known for making striking speeches during award shows and during her concerts. During her 2016 Grammy Awards speech for winning Album of the Year, she tells every woman out there to focus on themselves and work hard toward their goals because it will be worth it in the end. During her Red tour, Swift spoke to her audiences about seeing the good in yourself and others. This is one way she uses her success to reach out to ordinary people who are going through the same thing she once had.

5. Surprises

Throughout the 1989 World Tour, Swift surprised her audiences with a special guest halfway through her concerts. She would normally sing a song with her guests, while the crowd is instantly entertained and in shock over another famous person. Swift sang with Steven Tyler, Mick Jagger, Miranda Lambert, Wiz Khalifa, Justin Timberlake, Ellen DeGeneres, Lorde, and so many others.

6. Visits

Swift has made many visits to children's hospitals to talk and sing with patients. She tends to not publicize it, making it more special and private for the children.

7. Weddings

A fan invited Swift to her wedding, but she was unable to make it. Instead, Swift went to her bridal shower and surprised her. Swift did attend a different wedding and surprised the bride and groom during the reception. She sang Blank Space for them and their guests.

8. Merry Swiftmas

In 2014, Swift and some lucky fans celebrated "Swiftmas". Between mid-November and Christmas, Swift sent packages to a handful of her Tumblr followers through FedEx. One fan found her package on December 20. Weighing in at 31 pounds, she opened it to find Victoria's Secret merchandise, $200 in gift cards and a Christmas Sweater.

9. Advice

Swift loves her fans, so through her songs and social media, she is constantly giving them advice about life based on her experiences.Those experiences include boys, friends, and how to love one's self. She has reached out to her fans directly through Instagram comments or tweets.

10. Talent

Swift is musically gifted and uses her talents to give fans music and concerts. Her first album Taylor Swift reached number 5 on BillBoard 200 and stayed on the charts throughout the rest of the 2000s. Her second album Fearless was released in 2008. It was the bestselling album in the United States in 2009. Her third album Speak Now reached the top of the charts in several countries. Red became her fourth album and took a pop sound, which caused international success. Swift's fifth and latest album 1989 reached the top of BillBoard 200 with over a million album sales. Taylor Swift is estimated with over 40 million album sales worldwide, making her one of the best-selling music artists of all time.