10 Places University of Michigan Students Always Love

Are your favorites on the list?

241
University of Michigan
  1. 1800 Chem

It seems as though everyone has experienced 1800’s greatness; it’s so much more than just a lecture hall that led to your "F" in Organic chemistry. Science major or not, this room will forever hold a place in our hearts as it represents the seats where we made our best friends, where we discovered of our passion, or where we started to grow up.

2.The Diag

Walking through the Diag to get to your next class can be one of the greatest feelings in the world….even though you’re guaranteed to see that stalker from freshman year. The hustle and bustle of college life seems to pause, and you’re at peace. Seeing the surrounding buildings, the maize and blue, the block M, and the group of prospective students suddenly makes you prouder than ever to be a Wolverine.

3. South Quad dining hall

The “Food Life” of college eating. The constant line of kids waiting to get a table at “squad” is surely an indicator of its greatness. Here, you’re bound to find the best food on campus. South Quad: the promise of the sliced meat at Smoke, hand rolled sushi, and cookies that taste as good as Mom’s.

4. Law quad/library

For generations, the law library has been a center of attraction at UMich. It’s probably one of the reasons that all of us chose to come here. How could you pass up your chance to go to Michigan's version of Hogwarts? And even though most of us are too scared to step foot in the library, walking past it still reminds us how beautiful life can be.

5. Ugli

With the hours that most kids put into the Ugli, how could you not love it? Whether we are there for studying, catching up with friends, or grabbing a coffee, it is a central location to all.

6. Pizza House

Home of the world’s best cheesy bread and feta bread. Enough said.

7.The Big House

Over 100,00 Wolverines packed into the epitome of Michigan is absolutely surreal, even if you’re not a Michigan fan. You’ve got to hand it to us for having the largest stadium in the nation, filled with the most die-hard students. It’s Big 10 at its finest

8. Cantina

As a freshman, one can only rejoice when it comes to “Tina Thursdays”. Who knew an 18+ night could be so fun? At any given night here, you’re guaranteed three things: dancing, fishbowl pitchers, and (of course) good times.

9. Yost Ice Arena

This barn is kind of the hidden gem on campus. Although most of us don't normally make the venture to Yost, those that do understand its greatness. Going to one game here can completely change your outlook on sports. The small arena is filled with the most passionate fans one has seen. Their choreographed dance moves are spot on, and their chants are so vulgar that the band has to try to play loud enough to drown out the student section. If you only do one more thing before you graduate, go to see your boys at Yost.

10. *for the North Campus freshmen* Bursley-Baits

All of you freshman Bursley/Baits residents- this one is for you. North campus is the armpit of Michigan, but we did it. We survived. And even though it has its down sides, it holds a special place in our hearts. We mastered the bus system, we were trapped inside when it was snowing, and we conquered the worst dining hall at UMich. Not only did we make it through these hardships, but we did them together. Living in Bursley/Baits is an immediate bond to the girl you’re rushing, your lab partner, and even your professor.