Tebow Tries Out In Front Of MLB Scouts | The Odyssey Online

Tebow Tries Out In Front Of MLB Scouts

Does the former QB have any chance at making it to the Major Leagues?

4
Tebow Tries Out In Front Of MLB Scouts
Google Images

Tim Tebow has always been an athlete that was different. He never went with the flow, he never did things the same way as anybody else, he never was like anybody else. Known as very religious and for his outstanding college years, the former NFL and Florida Gators QB always stood out in the crowd. The lefty QB won games on his feet and through the air and eventually earned himself a spot on an NFL roster. While playing for the Broncos, Tebow took the team out of demise and lead them to the playoffs capping the season off with an 80-yard overtime TD pass in the playoffs against the Pittsburgh Steelers. He would then go on to play only a few more games in the NFL before never seeing the field again. He is now a host for SEC Network and is carrying about his business, while spreading the word of Jesus everywhere he goes. But the story of Tim Tebow took an unexpected turn recently. Not too long ago, the former QB decided he was going to pursue a career in baseball.

The 29-year old last played baseball in Junior year of high school, but it seems that he believes he still has some left in the tank to play in the Major Leagues. Now, some scouts did not buy into Tebowmania Part 2 saying, that the try out was "a waste of time" and that the former QB still has "a long way to go". And that is probably true considering that Tebow did not hit well from the plate and was rusty in other spots of the try out, as well, but his speed and power were two things that certain scouts were surprised at, maybe enough to give him a chance.

While some scouts considered this a complete waste of time, there were some scouts that stuck around to talk to Tebow and showed interest, leaving many to believe that the analyst won't have any problem finding a team to sign with in the Major Leagues. Will he perform well and actually make it to baseball's biggest stage? That we will have to wait and see, but it may not be long before we see him playing baseball again.

Of those aforementioned scouts, the Braves were the one team that confirmed that they were interested in Tim Tebow. And if anyone is watching the Braves this season, they need some type of saving grace, on the field and off for financial reasons, as well. If the Braves sign him, it will certainly not be a surprise and it could very well be the perfect fit. Tebow is a well-known figure in the sports world and outside of it. Whether he plays in the minor leagues or Major Leagues, he is going to make them money because people are going to want to go see him play. People are going to want to buy his jersey, people are going to buy merchandise with his name on it or his head on it, so nonetheless, this will be a money making deal for the Braves. But if Tebow actually does end up performing well, then it is a win there too. The Braves are very bad as it is and if Tebow can provide any sort of spark over the next couple years it could be very helpful to a team that looks like it might be struggling for a while.

In my eyes, while I am very interested to see he former Gators QB play, I do not see any way he makes it to the top-level. After not playing baseball since high school, it is hard to adjust to such a high level of play on the field. It is definitely going to take a lot of work to get him in any kind of form to be an MLB-level player, but who knows, maybe it will happen. And if it does, I cannot wait to be proven wrong because that will be something that will be talked about for years and something that could seriously help the sport in the long run.