Why I Miss Taylor Swift's Country Songs

Why I Miss Taylor Swift's Country Songs

Taylor Swift went from "Love Story" and "Teardrops on My Guitar" to "Wildest Dreams" and "Style"

136
Why I Miss Taylor Swift's Country Songs

"I fake a smile so he won't see

That I want and I'm needing everything that we should be
I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about,
And she's got everything that I have to live without."

Taylor Swift has been one of my biggest idols since I was a 13-year-old middle schooler, and she still continues to be my idol. I love her new upbeat pop songs, they are catchy and relatable. But I miss her country songs.

Taylor Swift's country was the only type of country music I liked until I got to college, that's when I discovered most country music is actually good music.

Anyways, Taylor Swift has always written songs that are very relatable to us girls, and although her new pop songs are also relatable, her country songs seemed to be deeper and more reflective.

I miss the shy, girly country girl. I could imagine myself as the girl who was hurt in her music lyrics and I'm sure most girls can also agree with that.

"September saw a month of tears
And thankin' God that you weren't here
To see me like that
But in a box beneath my bed
Is a letter that you never read
From three summers back
It's hard not to find it all a little bitter sweet
And lookin' back on all of that, it's nice to believe.
"

Her country songs represented our broken hearts and our crushes.

"I just wanna show you
She don’t even know you,
She's never gonna love you like I want to.
And you just see right through me.
If you only knew me
We could be a beautiful
Miracle,
Unbelievable
Instead of just invisible.
"

Her new songs were like a break up to country as she came out with her album "Red" with the songs "We are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together," "the Last Time," and "Everything Has Changed." It was as if she was giving us a heads up that she is going all pop and leaving country behind. And it was one of her last few slow songs because after that album came "1989," which was goodbye to even nearly country and hello to all pop.

She moved to New York and changed her lifestyle. She is no longer that young little girl who sings country music with her guitar, she has grown up to be a beautiful city girl. At least her awkward dancing hasn't changed.

I would love for Taylor to go back to country songs. But she will be my role model no matter what. She has grown to find herself and I have been there through the country and the changes.

No matter the changes, Taylor Swift will never go out of style. I do hope to see her change back to country again in the future. Even if it doesn't happen, a girl can dream, right?

In the meantime, I will remember her standing in a nice dress,
Staring at the sunset,
Red lips and rosy cheeks.

And not just pretend or in my wildest dreams, I will continue to be a fan and watch her, as she will always be my idol.