What Is And How To Take Care Of Kernicterus And Cerebral Palsy

The majority of the birth injuries are minor, but some may be severe as to be fatal or rather would leave the child with permanent damage.

38

Birth injury refers to mechanical damage to the child during, before, or just after the birthing process. The majority of the birth injuries are minor, but some may be severe as to be fatal or rather would leave the child with permanent damage. The types of birth injuries are many. Some are temporary while some are permanent. The common type of brain injuries is Brachial plexus birth injuries, Brain damage, bruises, bone fractures, spinal cord injuries, Kernicterus and Cerebral Palsy.

If there is a birth injury because of the negligent by nurse or physician, birth Injury lawyer group helps the parents of the child to fight for their rights. Birth Injury lawyer puts all the hard work to investigate the medical negligence and also assess how much the claim made is worth. It helps the family to get the maximum recovery possible.

Recognizing Kernicterus and Cerebral Palsy

Kernicterus is a type of brain damage most often seen in babies. Kernicterus is preventable brain damage in newborns that have jaundice. Extreme buildup of bilirubin in the brain is the leading cause of it. If the cases of jaundice are not treated for long, it can lead to Kernicterus and result in complications. The common symptoms of Kernicterus may include Fever, Drowsiness or lack of energy, vomiting, unusual eye movement, missing reflexes, seizures, Uncontrollable, or very high-pitched/shrill crying, trouble feeding.

Babies with Kernicterus can develop these complications:

● Hearing loss and deafness, trouble coordinating movement

● Lack of muscle tone, muscle spasm

● Difficulty speaking

Cerebral palsy is a Brain disorder that causes motor deficiency. The brain damage usually happens during, shortly after, or before the birth and can end up being a lifetime disability for the affected child. Cerebral palsy is marked by a lack of muscle control. Sometimes the inability to use muscles, spastic movements, and is often determined by slow, writhing, abnormal movements that the child cannot control. Cerebral palsy can cause other disabilities as well like anxiety, worry, conduct problem such as temper tantrums, etc.

Care for Kernicterus and Cerebral Palsy

After the child is diagnosed with Cerebral palsy, the team of doctors explains to the parents about children need. Doctor and parents make an itemized plan for the child's care. A Care Plan is an itemized list of needs that the child will have during specific time frames of his or her life, involving accommodations that need to be made in the home.

Once the child is diagnosed with Kernicterus, there are several options for a cure. The options may include providing enough of Breast milk, phototherapy, fluids. If nothing else is working, then blood transfusion is the last resort.

The measures taken to improve the quality of life of children with Kernicterus and Cerebral Palsy put a lot of stress on the families of children emotionally. Also, it builds financial stress on the parents. It becomes difficult to raise a child with any birth injuries.

Also, an immense amount of money is needed. This can drive parents in debt too. So the legal battle is more important for the parents, not only for an emotional loss but also monetary stress of care for the child. Birth Injury Lawyer can be of great help in such cases.