The Road To The Superbowl | The Odyssey Online

The Road To The Superbowl

Your exclusive analysis of the Championship Round.

13
The Road To The Superbowl
The Bothell Blog

The road to the Superbowl is what all 32 NFL teams hope to reach every season. Every year there are surprises and, contrastingly, some much more predictable events.

This year, the AFC title game will be between the Pittsburg Steelers and the New England Patriots. This showdown will be one of the most enticing games to watch this postseason.

Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers have arguably one of the best running back and wide receiver duo in the NFL. The Steelers basically had an extra week to prep for the Patriots because c'mon, we knew the Houston Texans needed a miracle to get a win over the Pats. They also already know how the Patriots play because this is the same team they faced in the regular season. The Patriots don't have the same luxury because Roethlisberger was out with an injury that game.

So the advantage goes to the Steelers.

However, the Patriots have home field advantage. This is huge as last year they came up short to Denver when they played on the road during the playoffs. When asked about the importance of home field advantage, Bill Belichick said:

"I don't know. Go ask Dallas and Kansas City."

Savage.

Tom Brady, 39, is arguably playing the best of his career; the Patriots are a scoring machine. Brady is averaging 3 TD and 269 yards per game. This game will be on CBS at 6:40 p.m. on January 22, 2017.

The NFC title game will be dueled out between the Green Bay Packers and the Atlanta Falcons. This one will be hard to predict. Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are on fire.

The last time the Packers lost was week 11, against the Washington Redskins. Rodgers is one of the most talented quarterbacks to play this game (I speak highly because he helped me win in my fantasy football league.) However, the talent around Rodgers is very inconsistent. Rogers' favorite receiver, Jordy Nelson, is out with a rib injury. This leaves a couple of sub-par receivers to assist an excellent QB.

The Atlanta Falcons have all the odds in their favor. Atlanta's strength is their offense. Matt Ryan is having an MVP season and he has a load of talent surrounding him. Julio Jones, Mohamed Sanu and Taylor Gabriel are running all over the place. Devonta Freeman is a good running back. The X-factor for this team will be their defense. This game will be on Fox at 3:05 p.m. on January 22, 2017.