Summer '16 Featuring The Olympics

Summer '16 Featuring The Olympics

Let the games begin!

9
Summer '16 Featuring The Olympics
John Scarpinato

It’s that time again, everyone. It’s been four years since our last summer Olympic games, and I couldn’t be any more pumped than I am now. There have been high interests in security including the health concerns about Zika, but we are only hoping for the best. The New York Daily News claimssecurity remains a top priority according to the CEO of the Rio Organizing Committee, Sidney Levy, which is resulting in 85,000 security persons working in the area of Rio. There are always difficulties and high stress levels before any Olympic games, but we’re expecting a positively thrilling and competitive next few weeks in Rio De Janeiro.

This year is a big year. According to CBS Sports we have 555 men and women competing for the United States including the most of amount of women ever from one country. A huge shout out to the 292 women—let’s do this! We also have the most decorated United States male, Michael Phelps, making his last appearance this summer for the Olympics. Best of luck to him!

For the past few months, my Facebook timeline has been nothing but politics, politics, and more politics. In my opinion, for the next few weeks, we can place more of our attention towards the men and women who have been given the opportunity of a lifetime due to their greatness and success. They are humbled and honored by this chance to compete in the 2016 Olympics, just like we are grateful to be watching such talented and dedicated athletes from our televisions at home! Whether you are a huge sports fan or not, I encourage you to watch at least a few of the 2016 Summer Olympic events and here’s why:

1. You can live vicariously through Simone Biles because who wouldn’t want to jump, flip, and twist like that? SO impressive.

2. You can't say nothing is on TV, because the Olympic Games are ALWAYS on.

3. Wear nothing but red, white, and blue.

4. 50 Shades of Grey, or just one shade of Ryan Lochte.

5. A perfect reason to have all your friends over and celebrate #Merica.

6. Appreciate the talent of not only the people competing for America, but for countries all over the world.

Let the games begin!