Stop The Synthetics | The Odyssey Online

Stop The Synthetics

I was never the perfect angel, but things have come extremes and it needs to end.

20
Stop The Synthetics
Sober Work Place

First, I would like to say that I am in no way trying to promote the use of any drugs.

With that said we really need to discuss that the rise of synthetic drugs has become a HUGE issue. And it is an issue that makes me worry about our generation so very much. I have lost friends due to the issue of these synthetic drugs. It is not okay.

I feel like in this period of time we are all searching for something to take us away from this reality. Something that just gets us so messed up that we don’t care what is going on. We want to get “turnt”, “lit”, or just plain effed up. I think this mentality is just not good for anyone. Pills are idolized in the media as something all the cool people do, and in turn more and more drugs are coming out to play.

I repeat, IT IS NOT OKAY.

I have had so many people I know hospitalized or dead, and the rise of over doses all over the world is something we need to worry about.

I think what it wrong is that we all idolize these people that get super drunk on the weekends, that take molly or do coke, and we think “hey, I can be like that”. Just no. As I said before, we are all just looking for the quick fix. And our generation is trying to give that to people.

Back when Woodstock was around, people did drugs to get in touch with the earth, they did drugs to escape an ongoing war, and they did drugs because there was a revolution around them. They wanted to be there with other people trying to promote peace and love. Not just to be so messed up that they couldn’t walk or to escape their parents because they have the money to do so. I mean, let’s take a look at the drugs people did then: they smoked pot, took shrooms, and some did acid. Now, we have synthetic pot, flakkaa, mdma, and all the prescriptions we can find. Back then they set up their van with a bunch of fuzzy blankets and did some things that their parents wouldn’t have liked very much with their friends. But they weren’t trying to be crazy, they were trying to be connected. And now, there are parties where they literally just have a bowl full of different pills and people just take them. What happened to just hanging out and smoking some weed? At least that never killed anyone. Drug overdose is the number 1 cause of accidental death in the United States, and what do we do? Pop more pills, and create more drugs.

Like are we all just that stupid, or what? What part of this is okay? Granted not everything they did back in the day was natural, but it wasn’t some synthetic drug that made people eat faces or stab people. I think it may have started during the scarface era when cocaine was idolized and just grew from there. But it has gotten out of control.

I am not going to lie and tell you that I am perfect, and say that I was never tempted to do these. And I had periods in college that I was not proud of, but then I learned how dangerous things like that were. That no matter how much you think you are in control of what you are doing, you’re not. It is one thing to go bungee jump off a bridge for a little risk or fun in life, but to risk your life just to have a night of being “faded” is not cool. It is possible to go out and have fun without drugs. Please help people be more aware of the choices they are making, because it is not good for us to keep going on with this; we need to #StopSynthetics.