"Star Wars" Top 10 Most Evil Villains | The Odyssey Online

"Star Wars" Top 10 Most Evil Villains

Counting down the 10 most evil villains in the entire galaxy.

1810
"Star Wars" Top 10 Most Evil Villains
www.starwars.com

With the new "Star Wars" movie continuing to break global records, I decided to capture everyone's inner Dark Side and list off the top 10 evilest villains in "Star Wars". Note that this list only includes villains from Episodes I-VI.

10. Jango Fett

This dual-wielding, jet-packing, flame throwing bounty hunter was short lived in Episode II, yet served a key purpose in the Clone Wars. He is recognized as one of the best bounty hunters in the galaxy. Fett also has an impressive resume including: orchestrating numerous assassination attempts on Senator Padme Amidala, going toe to toe with the Jedi Obi Wan Kenobi and being the father of the feared bounty hunter. Boba Fett.

9. Nute Gunray

Claiming the title of Viceroy Gunray in the later prequel films, this Separatist member was a key puppet to the rise of power by Chancellor Palpatine. Gunray, who under the instruction of Darth Sidious, led the Trade Federation through its invasion of Naboo. This caused the then Sheev Palpatine, Senator of Naboo, to be elected the high power of Supreme Chancellor.

8. General Grievous

Introduced in Episode III, Grievous established himself as Count Dooku’s new apprentice. This four-armed lightsaber wielding cyborg was the Supreme Commander of the Droid Army. Grievous killed many Jedi in his career, proving it by collecting their lightsabers (he should have collected cough medicine because he coughs every scene he is in).

7. Boba Fett

The son of the once-feared bounty hunter, Jango Fett, Boba avenged his father’s death and became the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy. He worked with Jabba the Hut until he was recruited by Darth Vader to track down Han Solo and his ship, the Millennium Falcon. In the end, Boba’s plot was successful. He was rewarded for bringing the carbonited Han Solo to Jabba the Hut, but sadly got swallowed up in things…literally.

6. Jabba the Hut

Jabba the Hut to me is the mafia boss of the “Star Wars” franchise. Not only does he organize a team of smugglers to traffic illegal goods, piracy and slavery, he also asserts himself as a major crime lord. Jabba also supplied Vader and the Imperial army materials that would aid their vicious cause. Han Solo knows what happens when you do not pay Jabba the Hut back his money…you end up carbonited on a wall as his “decoration.”

5. Darth Maul

This Sith Lord is a man of few words, yet is so iconic. Whether it’s his dual lightsaber or his epic introduction before the final fight in Episode I, Darth Maul is the example of a Sith Lord. Darth Maul was trained by Darth Sidious, which explains why Maul is such a powerful Sith. Darth Maul takes on two Jedi at the same time, and that alone secures him the fifth spot.

4. Grand Moff Tarkin

Any man brave enough to give Darth Vader orders deserves to be high on the list, and Grand Moff Tarkin is that man. Tarkin commanded the powerful Death Star and oversaw all of it’s productivity. Tarkin’s vision was to use the Death Star as a symbol to keep other systems loyal and afraid of the Empire. He gave the orders to showcase the power of the Death Star on the planet of Alderaan. The explosion of Alderaan killed millions of innocent lives.

3. Count Dooku

Dooku was the Sith Lord who created the clone army into which he installed a chip containing Executive Order 66 into all the clones. That chip containing Order 66 was the main reason why the Jedi were destroyed. Although Dooku battled many Jedi in his time, including Yoda, his death is the reason why he is high on the list. Once Anakin killed Dooku at the urge of Palpatine, the Dark Lord would soon need a new apprentice. Anakin took the place of Dooku as the Emperor’s new apprentice, Darth Vader.

2. Darth Vader

Easily the greatest villain in cinematic history, it was hard to put Darth Vader at two. If this was a list of best “Star Wars” villains, he would be number one no question, however, since this is the evilest villains, he claims number two. The voice, the force choking and the mechanical breaths—everything about Vader is villainous. Darth Vader spreads his fear throughout the entire galaxy. Not to mention he wears a cape. Come on, what’s more evil than black cape? Nothing.

1. Emperor Palpatine

Ah, Emperor Palpatine—or should I say The Emperor, Chancellor Palpatine, Darth Sidious or Senator Palpatine? This Dark Lord of the Sith is the most powerful Sith who ever lived. His entire life was dedicated to planning the downfall and extinction of the Jedi Order. His powers were so great, the Jedi did not even realize he was right under their noses the entire time, plotting their demise as Chancellor Palpatine. Palpatine seduced Anakin to the dark side by using Anakin’s love for his wife against him. That’s pretty evil. The Emperor then went on to control the entire galaxy through his Galactic Empire.