Sign The Petition To Bring Star And Marco From 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' To Both Disney Parks! | The Odyssey Online

Sign The Petition To Bring Star And Marco From 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' To Both Disney Parks!

Every signature counts, so don't shy away from clicking away!

214
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPNikuaBVjk&t=67s

The title says it all! There is currently a petition on Change.org to bring Star Butterfly and Marco Diaz to both Disney World and Disney Land! At the time this article is written, the petition just reached the 2,500 signatures goal yesterday, but then, the goal had increased to 5,000 signatures. Right now, the count has reached 2,553, so there's still time to sign, chip in a few dollars in order to reach even more supporters for it, and share it around with everyone you know will help out!

This is your chance to help out in recruiting the two main characters, i.e., your two fave characters, from "Star vs." to brighten up Disney a little bit more, as well as make it "a little weird" and "a little wild," inspiring every visiting little girl to go against the norms and fight for what is right. To make that happen though, just click on the link to the petition on Change.org to sign, chip in (if you can), and share it all around! Every signature counts, so don't shy away from clicking away!

For those reading this who have answered my call(s) to action and pitched in, thank you all for contributing the best you can! I pretty much went through more or less this same speech on Facebook, giving my thanks and telling you all how proud I felt for getting this far so soon, despite the now-increased goal that won't likely be reached until the time I start my spring semester of school next year, so as a little treat, I'll tell you about my own personal experience of just how much this cause meant to me since coming across this petition exactly a week ago…

My parents and I were on our way home by car after spending three days at a convention in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, wondering why I didn't see any of "Star vs." Pop Funko figurines while we were there. I went to browse on Twitter to see whether or not they were released yet (they were) when I happened to come across a tweet from Daron Nefcy (the creator of "Star vs."), spreading the word of a certain petition…

So, you can only guess what my reaction was… Of course, I signed up! I didn't chip in until maybe a few days later with $15, but boy, did I share it!

At the time, I only reached out to those I knew who loved the show as did I and those who I thought would be interested in supporting it regardless. In fact, there was a girl at one of the tables at the convention who sold "Star vs." fanmade art posters to me, and she actually just responded back saying that she'll sign it! However, as the week went on, while struggling to get my final exams, projects, and papers done, I was reaching out to everyone I knew and was connected to on Facebook and Messenger and posted the link on the Starco fan page (twice)!

I can honestly say that I did the absolute best I could, and I never felt prouder!

It felt exhilarating to be a part of something much larger than myself: gathering others' support, reaching certain, personalized signature counts I wanted to get to via others' signatures before going to sleep every night, and finally hitting the 2,500 signatures goal yesterday (before seeing the goal increase, that is), making me feel like Star riding on her personal Cloudy spell! Getting that many signatures on the petition, one that I didn't even start, within a short amount of time after finding it at around 2,000 signatures, giving it the attention that it deserves, is priceless.

It made me proud of my love for the show and the characters and of how much I can do for it so others can have the same experience in-person!

Most of all, it made me proud to be an INFJ. A petition like this that I happened to come across one day last week reminded me of an INFJ's true power: to give to an important cause. For some, the petition's main goal may not be as important as the current real-life issues we're facing today, but right now, this cause, one that would spread joy and inspiration to little boys and girls by bringing characters from an amazing, ground-breaking show all the way to the Disney parks, is a pretty good one.

So, be sure to click on the link (again) to sign, chip in, and share, share, and share this petition so that we can reach our new 5K goal by January of next year! Disney is the place where dreams come true, so Odyssey readers… make this dream come true!