17 Songs Every Christian Woman Needs For A New Semester

These lyrics are exactly what we need to help us start the semester strong.

10288

A new semester is upon us! It’s time to rededicate ourselves to studying and growing closer to God while being incredibly busy with all of the other great aspects of school: friends, sporting events, coffee, etc. I believe these songs can remind us of who we are as women of God and inspire us to continually be better this semester because we have a God who is the best and has the best plan for us.

1. Unfinished by Mandisa

“No, my God’s not done making me a masterpiece!” You might have an arduous semester ahead of you, but never forget that God is still working on you. It’s okay to fall down, but get back up, and continue to live as His incredible work-in-progress.

2. Hard Love by NEEDTOBREATHE

“Get back up, ‘cause it’s a hard love.” Jesus calls us to die to ourselves and sometimes that requires painful change, which is the last thing we want to experience at the beginning of a new semester. But if we truly want to follow our Savior then change must occur, and this song helps you get back in the ring and continue to fight for the life and faith that you want.

3. Old Church Choir by Zach Williams

“There ain’t nothing gonna steal my joy!” Joy is found in Christ, which we can easily forget when we’re stressed with packing, unpacking, and studying for the first time in weeks. This is one of my favorite songs because it is so upbeat and perfect for dancing (I literally danced around my kitchen to this song while writing this article). Check it out whenever you need a pick-me-up.

4. Magnify by We Are Messengers

“Open up my eyes to you.” Sometimes we start to stray from the path God lays before us as we pursue sin and chase our own desires. This song is the perfect encouragement to turn and pursue God again, focusing on Him and Him alone.

5. Priceless by For King & Country

“I see a rose in bloom at the sight of you.” I’m pretty sure every Christian woman knows this song. Although it might be overplayed, I have discovered that it is incredibly important to sing this to yourself when looking in a mirror. God truly believes that we are irreplaceable, unmistakable, and incomparable. What better way to start a semester than reminding yourself of such beautiful truth? (Also, it’s a great movie).

6. First Love by Chris Tomlin

“You are still my first love and all I am is Yours.” With a new school year comes new guys, and I know I’m not the only one who is interested in finding the man God created for me as soon as possible. However, we cannot forget that Jesus always comes first. He loved us first and should always be our first priority. Are you still longing for him?

7. Even If by MercyMe

“My hope is in You alone.” Sometimes, we are not conquerors. With Jesus everything is possible, but He has important reasons for not always giving us what we want, even if it’s a good thing. He is worthy to be praised even if He allows us to go through a painful situation, so no matter what you’re experiencing as you start a new semester, remember that He is always your hope.

8. Control by Tenth Avenue North

“God You don’t need me, but somehow You want me.” It’s hard to surrender control of our lives, even if we know that God has the best plan for us, but this song is the perfect reminder that we can let go of our plans. The King of Heaven wants us. Isn’t that worth everything?

9. Glorious Day by Passion ft. Kristian Stanfill

“You called my name and I ran out of that grave!” Jesus brought us from death to life by dying for us and giving us His new life and this song is a beautiful celebration of that fact. It’s a fact we should remember every day, so that we can be reminded to live a new, redeemed life. Every morning, wake up and focus on running out of the grave where your old self lies and running towards Jesus and His life.

10. Good Morning by Mandisa

“You give me just what I need and I can feel the hope that’s rising in me!” This song is the perfect way to start our day remembering that Jesus gives us all that we need. It’s upbeat and perfect to dance too when getting ready in your dorm room.

11. Free To Be Me by Francesca Battistelli

“On Your shoulders I can see I’m free to be me.” We might have hit a few bumps along the path of life, but this song reminds us that no matter what scars we have, You love us. We don’t need to be perfect because You made us unique.

12. Day One by Matthew West

“It’s day one of the rest of my life.” God has given us a new life and sometimes we don’t live it like we should. But every day we wake up is a new chance to start over! Today truly can be the first day of the rest of your life if you decide to fix your eyes on Jesus.

13. Walk On Water by Britt Nicole

“So get out and let your fear fall to the ground.” Women have a problem with letting fear and societal expectations hold us back, but Jesus freed us from all of those things and gives us the ability to walk on the waves of our life. Blare this song and be brave today.

14. Don't Let It Get You Down by Johnnyswim

It’s an easy song to dance, fun on car rides, and has an awesome theme: don’t let things get you down. Sometimes we need a reminder to keep pushing forward and this is a beautiful, fun song that can do just that.

15. Shake It Off by Taylor Swift

“It’s like I’ve got this music in my mind saying ‘It’s gonna be alright!’ I firmly believe this should be an anthem for every woman because we all need to learn how to shake things off (ignore the bridge about the boy with the hair, that’s not as important). Wanting to be accepted and liked is a part of life, but when all you want to do is fit in, then you have a problem. Instead, listen to what God says about you because He endlessly accepts you, flaws and all, and shake all the haters off.

16. Be Thou My Vision

“Be thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart.” Is it an old hymn? Yes. And it’s a perfect reminder at the beginning of the semester to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus while looking at others through His eyes. Are we living this life for eternity? Is Jesus our treasure? These are all important questions raised by this psalm, reminding us that Jesus is the center of all.

17. Here's My Heart by I Am They

“Here’s my heart Lord, speak what is true.” If you need to listen to something calming and beautiful, listen to this song. It also reminds us of the important but difficult choice we have to make every day: who owns our heart? Will we selfishly keep it for ourselves? Give it to the ugly, dark world? Or will we give it to God, the only One Who can truly guard it?

While most of these are beautiful worship songs with important spiritual reminders, some are just fun to dance to. Never forget to dance along with Jesus, Who has blessed you with a semester full of potential and Who loves you unfailingly. God bless!