What's With These Ridiculous Girl Clothes Trends?

Why Do We Have To Pay For This?

111
www.youtube.com

This might shock all of you, but I am indeed a woman. And being a woman has many frustrations-we birth children, the satanic period, and so forth. But by far one of the worst things about being a woman is our CLOTHES. Dear LORD. I always wondered why I hated shopping so much as a teenager, but now I completely understand. I was going through puberty, so I got zits, boobs, and a period. Along with all of this, the selection of our clothing is HORRIBLE. So much of it is so worthless that it makes me want to rip my eyeballs out of frustration. What even is fashion? Someone please help me. And let's GET RID OF THESE TRENDS.

1. FAKE POCKETS.

WHAT ARE THE POINT OF THEM? WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA? The amount of times I have tried to put my phone in a fake pocket is UNREAL. And it's not just in jackets either! It's in jeans too! I have a pair of jeans that has fake pockets in the front BUT NOT IN THE BACK. HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE. If you're going to put them on an article of clothing (hint: HOW ABOUT NO) why not just put them on the back pockets? This could make a tiny bit more sense. Do you see the problem? Women have this problem all the time! Every single time someone compliments me on a jacket or jeans, the first thing i'll say is "Thanks! It actually has pockets!" And it's not just a few clothing companies that pull this crap. It is a common annoyance for us women. Why clothing companies? Why do you do this to us?

2. CROP TOP SWEATERS

Okay this is cute and all, but how? Is it only winter for your chest, shoulders, and arms? Is every other part of your body summer ready? Does this not defeat the purpose of a sweater? She could maybe wear this in San Diego. Or Tennessee. Tennessee has been so back and forth lately. I wore a tank top and shorts today. Didn't even need a jacket. AND ANOTHER THING: the whole point of a crop top is to be cool during the summer time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that you're supposed to keep warm in the winter. I mean that's the whole the point of fires and hot cocoa. Girl, you're going to need to sit in the fire place to get warm again if you wear this in the winter time.

3. UNDERWEAR WITH WORDSEvery underwear company I've ever seen sells underwear like this. And I, like everyone, have been through puberty. And I was extremely embarrassed by it, like most girls are. The LAST THING I wanted to do was to see underwear with cutesy stuff written on the butt. I was embarrassed to even be seen shopping for underwear. What 11, 12, or 13 year old wants twerk written on their butt? I get that they're trying to inspire confidence, but that takes time. You don't go through puberty and magically just start liking your body. PINK usually sells underwear that has stuff like this written on their product. And PINK usually has more teenage customers. This concerns me. This concerns me a lot. And another problem with women's underwear is that there are SO MANY types. It's a good thing that we options, don't get me wrong. But it's really difficult to shop for when you're a small in bikini and a medium in boy shorts.

4. SEE THROUGH SHIRTS

Once again, this is extremely cute. And this would be a great swimsuit cover up. The problem with this trend is that this shirt is probably 20 bucks. And that's on the cheaper side. FOR ONE FREAKING SHIRT. THAT DOESN'T EVEN COVER YOUR BODY. So you're going to pay 20 bucks for a shirt that you will wear to music festivals, or at the beach? Not everyone lives by the beach or can attend bonnaroo or coachella.

And men wonder why we steal their clothes. Men's clothes actually designed to *gasp* wear in almost every situation! They're also much more practical. How so? Well I'm glad you asked.

1. Jeans

Women's jeans sizes are really weird. And they're not consistent across stores either. For example, I'm a size 4 in American Eagle Jeans, but I could be a size 6 in a different clothing company. Men's jeans are sized by their actual waist sizes. And THEY'RE CONSISTENT. IT'S AMAZING.

2. Shirts

A lot of companies like Hanes sell men's shirts in packs. You can get a 6 pack of these for 15 to 16 bucks. In comparison to women who can get ONE cute tank top for that amount of money. And that's if you're lucky. UGH I'm so jealous.

3. Boxers

Hanes also does boxer packs. You can get a 5 pack for 16 dollars. And yes, Victoria's Secret does do 5 for $27, but keep in mind that might not always have the size, color, or type of underwear you want. With these, you get to choose the colors and sizes with little to no hassle.

4. Hoodies

Guys get so mad when we steal their hoodies. I am guilty of this, not going to lie. BUT THEY'RE SO MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE THAN OUR HOODIES. They don't grip our chests and you actually have room to wear another layer with these suckers. They also have bigger neck holes! When I try to put a hoodie on with a full face of makeup, my eyeliner goes all over my face, and on the rim of the hoodie. I'm convinced clothing companies like men more than women.

So if you were wondering why we steal your clothes, here is your answer. Fashion prefers men over women.