Single This Valentine's Day? | The Odyssey Online

Single This Valentine's Day?

How to survive the most sickening day for a single person...

8
Single This Valentine's Day?
InvestorPlace

So, your boy/girlfriend has just ended things, or maybe you were the one doing the dumping. Chef don't judge! I know for me this year, it is going to be weird because it is the first time in a while that I have been single for Valentine's Day. Who says though that we aren't allowed to have fun too this romantic holiday? I sure as hell know I am!

1. Treat Yoself!

Get yourself that new handbag you have been dreaming about, maybe go get a nice dinner or even a massage or mani/pedi. What ever floats your goat, just you do you.

Don't break the bank though, girlfriend! You still need that gas money. So be smart but, hey, that tax money can really come in handy today. Just sayin'...

2. Go Clubbin'!

Go ham in the paint. Act like no one's watching. Who cares? Today is for YOU, not them. I get that it's "supposed to be a time all about love," but that's not what this day is for you.

Go out, live your life like there's no tomorrow and enjoy it! Don't let a petty little break up bring ya down!

3. SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS! EVERYBODY!

Sometimes drowning your sorrows is a good thing. Get a good strong one or two to mellow you out. Hey, even combine this one with the last point. Who says that you can't have fun while drinking? Live it up! It always helps me out when I wanna party!

Just be careful, drink safely, and be nice to yourself in the morning. Maybe lie out a couple of Tylenol and a water if you plan on doing this. (Since it's on a Tuesday, maybe plan for the next day or two off.)

4. Your Homies

Get together with a couple of your other single friends. Who says you have to be alone on Valentine's Day? Maybe y'all can make fun of romantic movies together. Have an anti-Valentine's party.

Just chill, relax, and enjoy the company of each other.

5. Frankie says 'Relax.'

Netflix and chill with yourself. Curl up, pop open that tub of Ben & Jerry's, and let the ultimate movie or show marathon begin! Nothing's wrong with a little R&R. I know this is what I will be doing that day. (Taking 18 credit hours, working and losing this weight takes a toll on a woman!) Now you don't have to do what your significant other wants to (since you don't have one), and you get to find yourself a little.

I hope you all got some amazing tips from this article! I think I just inspired myself a little to test a couple out. If you liked this article, don't forget to share it with others! I hope you all have a safe and wonderful week, and I'll see you in the next one.

Peace out, Girl Scout!