What It's Like Being The Youngest Daughter

It has its perks.

52
20s FInances

Most of my peers grew up with younger siblings to annoy and embarrass. They would talk about all the annoying things their siblings would do, and how they would get revenge for all of the embarrassing situations they were put in. I, on the other hand, am the youngest sibling. I could never relate to the stories my peers would tell. It was rare to find another "youngest" in my classes growing up. I think it's about time the youngest gets to share their story.

1. You grow up wearing hand-me-down clothes ... from the '80s.

I wore too many floral velvet ensembles in my early days.

2. You had the best playlist as a kid.

Imma let you finish, but the '90s had the best music of all time.

3. Your older siblings acted like your parents.

If you didn't create me, don't boss me around.

4. You were always the kid on the right.

Always. Without fail. My oldest sister once tied me to a tree with jump rope. *sigh*

5. You always had someone to share clothes with.

The cute clothes, of course.

6. There is at least one family photo with all of you in matching outfits.

But I always looked the cutest.

7. There were definitely times you came downstairs and realized you're accidentally wearing the same outfit.

"I picked it out first!" "But I'm the oldest!"

I never won.

8. You were exposed to the best TV shows.

All it takes is an older sister to expose you to the ultimate OTP: Corey and Topanga.

9. You always had a shoulder to cry on.

When times get tough, turn to your sister and give her a hug. It helps.

10. You've most likely had teachers your siblings once had.

"Oh, you're ______'s little sister? I'm going to expect you to be an exact clone of your sibling."

Gee, thanks.

11. You always had a chauffeur growing up.

Being the only freshman in a parking lot of juniors and seniors was pretty cool.

12. Your siblings always get you the best gifts.

They actually listened to you three years ago when you casually mentioned that you wanted a cute travel mug.

13. They keep you out of trouble ... sometimes.

They'll never tell Mom and Dad about the time you scratched the car because you're keeping too many secrets about stuff they've done that they don't want Mom and Dad finding out.

14. You knew exactly what to pack for college.

It helps when someone's already gone through the process for you.

15. You can't imagine your life without your siblings.

Even when you're arguing or nagging each other, you love one another to death.