​Shakespeare Quotes For When You Need A Unique Caption | The Odyssey Online

​Shakespeare Quotes For When You Need A Unique Caption

Enough with sweet roses and summer days.

7177
Martin Droeshout

The eternal struggle of being artsy on social media: finding the perfect, unique, but borderline cliché caption. If you have run out of "The Head and The Heart" songs or Rupi Kaur poems from which to cull your Instagram captions, fear not. The Bard is here to supply you with plentiful captions, as I'm sure was his original intention. Amidst the lengthy monologues and fruitful dialogue of Shakespeare’s works are a number of beautiful lines for your using, presented here (albeit without context).

When life is too good to be true.

"If it be thus to dream, still let me sleep!" Sebastian, "Twelfth Night"

"How like a dream is this I see and hear." Valentine, "Two Gentlemen of Verona"

When no one knows the real you.

"I pray you do not fall in love with me. For I am falser than vows made in wine." Rosalind, "As You Like It"

When you’re perfect just the way you are.

“Let me be that I am and seek not to alter me.” – Don John, "Much Ado About Nothing"

“Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie.” — Helena, "All’s Well That Ends Well"

When you’re ready for the next challenge.

“Once more unto the breach, dear friends.” – King Henry V, "Henry V"

When you’re marveling at the love in your life.

“Love sought is good, but given unsought is better.” – Olivia, "Twelfth Night"

When you're feeling motivated.

"The very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream." Guildenstern, "Hamlet"

“Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.” – Malvolio, "Twelfth Night"

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under it.” – Lady Macbeth, "Macbeth"

When you don’t take yourself too seriously.

“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.” –Touchstone, "As You Like It"

“With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.” – Gratiano, "The Merchant of Venice"

When the weather is getting spooky.

“When shall we three meet again in thunder, lightning or in rain?” – Witches, "Macbeth"

When you’re mad at the world.

“Hell is empty and all the devils are here.” – Ariel, "The Tempest"

When you won’t settle.

“Nothing will come of nothing: speak again.” – King Lear, "King Lear"

When music speaks to your soul.

“If music be the food of love, play on.” – Orsino, "Twelfth Night"

When life is full of possibilities.

“We know what we are, but know not what we may be.” – Ophelia, "Hamlet"

"A dream itself is but a shadow." Hamlet, "Hamlet"

When you don't actually want to be original.

"Though she be but little she is fierce" Helena, "A Midsummer Night's Dream"

“This above all: to thine own self be true.” – Polonius, "Hamlet"