Seven Reasons Hockey Is The Best Sport

Seven Reasons Hockey Is The Best Sport

594
Seven Reasons Hockey Is The Best Sport

When you grow up practically living at an ice rink, you learn from an early age that hockey is one of the best things in the world. For those of you who didn't grow up with the wonderful experiences of waking up at the crack of dawn to drive to out of town tournaments or creating traditions that were sure to pave your team's way to victory, here are seven reasons hockey is the best sport.

The best fans.

Whether watching hockey was their family's bonding time or they recently found out about the amazing sport, no one can deny hockey fans' passion. Some show their love by going all out in their game day attire; others are willing to drive hours to see their favorite team play. Chicago Blackhawks fans' loyalty is so strong that the Nashville Predators have been said to restrict ticket sales to prevent Blackhawks fans from overpopulating their games.

How fast-paced the game is.

Speed is one of the most critical aspects in hockey. The skating, the shots, the saves-- if you blink, you might miss the best play of the night. You'll be on the edge of your seat throughout the whole game. The constant action ensures that you'll never be bored.

The skill.

Even more impressive than the speed of the skaters, is their skill. There's an extremely small probability of becoming a NHL player, which means that those who are are extremely talented. They make skating on ice on thin blades look as easy as walking and taking slap shots that sometimes reach 100 mph look like they're second nature to them.

Fights.

One of the most thrilling parts of a hockey game is the possibility of a fight. Nothing gets fans more pumped than seeing players letting out some anger while trying to change the momentum of the game. What other sport can say that players can try to pummel each other and only sit out for five minutes after?

Hockey players never give up.

Knocked-out tooth? Puck to the face? Slap shot to the knee? Break a bone? Hockey players are known to tough it out and finish their shift, or even the game, no matter what their injury. Comparing hockey players to players to other sports who are known to be out for games or even seasons for less than these, it's easy to assume that hockey players must really love what they do to endure all this.

Hockey players are the best people.

Hockey players are known for their kind spirit. They go out of their way to make their fans' days. For example, the Boston Bruins dressed up as Disney characters and visited children in the hospital. Even the little things they do, like waving at fans or giving their sticks out after a game, are beautiful acts of generosity.

Social media presence.

Teams make absolutely hysterical videos promoting things from cheerful holidays to voting in the NHL all-star game. This makes the players seem like actual people who have awkward moments and like to let loose and be silly sometimes.

Hockey is an all-around amazing sport that can keep you entertained on and off the ice!