13 Essentials For A Netflix And Chill Date

You won't want to forget these.

6501

As the weather cools down, and snuggling becomes a better option than being by yourself, many phones might begin buzzing with the infamous “Netflix and chill?” text. As awkward as this text can be, you can make the most of it by being prepared.

Who doesn’t love binge watching, forgetting your responsibilities, and hanging out with someone attractive? You can’t really complain about that. Yes, Netflix and chill texts can seem shallow, but they’re a lot more fun than dressing up your dog on a Saturday night. Here are 13 essentials to bring.

1. Laptop, iPad, some viewing device.

It’s not a Netflix and chill date without having something to watch Netflix on.

2. Netflix password.

Whether it’s your own password or your ex’s, you need one of these to get the date going.

3. Phone/laptop charger.

Nothing’s more awkward than being in the middle of a movie and having your laptop die. A dead laptop could end the date, so avoid the awkwardness and be prepared.

4. Gum.

Just like a toothbrush, gum can give you instant, minty or fruity breath. Throw one of those bad boys in before you arrive at your date to give you a little boost of confidence and a pearly white smile.

5. Chapstick.

No one likes dry, chapped lips. Keep your favorite Chapstick in your pocket for quick lip refreshment that will keep you prepared for many kissable moments.

6. A candle.

If you’re trying to set the mood or just trying to make your home smell better, candles can come in very handy.

7. Fuzzy socks.

No one likes the feeling of cold feet. Throw on a pair of comfy socks to keep you warm and extra cozy.

8. Blankets.

Nothing says cuddling like a big, warm blanket. Make sure to have one big enough for more than one person, and one that is long enough to cover your feet.

9. Snacks.

Binge-watching can definitely build up an appetite. And if things get awkward, you can definitely feel a little more comfortable by stuffing your face with Oreos.

10. Change of clothes.

Perhaps the movie you watched put you to sleep and you have to be somewhere in the morning. Be prepared by having a fresh outfit in your car that will erase any trace of what you did the night before.

11. Toothbrush.

If you happen to fall asleep, having a toothbrush on hand can make your morning a lot better. Nothing feels better than having minty fresh teeth to start your day, so keeping a toothbrush in your back pocket can keep you prepared and confident the morning after your chill date.

12. Friends on speed dial.

At some point, you may need an excuse to get out of your date. Warn your friends before, establish a code word, and make sure they’re ready at any moment to save you. Possible excuses: your plant is dying, your hamster needs to be pet, you completely forgot to finish your knitting. Anything works in desperate times.

13. Fallback plan.

If the whole watching movies thing fails, be prepared with backup plans to keep your date going. Do you have a dog? Perfect, everyone loves playing with dogs. Do you have a collection of board games? Great, everyone loves a game of Twister or Heads Up. Anything that can eliminate awkward moments and keep the date going will help in this situation.