Fall In The Hudson Valley

Fall In The Hudson Valley

The scenic views and the various activities to take up are endless in the Hudson Valley, and everyone should take part in these activities.

142
Fall In The Hudson Valley
Photo: Eric/Flickr Commons

Fall. Those four letters have so much meaning and value here in the heart of the Hudson Valley. This season is one of the most scenic and breathtaking of all four. The smell of pumpkin spice is everyone's favorite and the warmth of cozy sweaters takes over. Coming from Staten Island, it is a totally different fall experience here on the Hudson River than that of the fall views over looking Verrazano bridge. So value this experience, Marist students, and enjoy fall in the lovely upstate region. There are endless activities and beautiful photo opportunities going on here in the Hudson Valley!

The second the calendar changed from September 30th to October 1st, my body went full-on Fall mode. I packed all my summer shorts and replaced them with ripped jeans and flannels. I swapped out my flip flops and traded them in for cute thigh high boots, and my little booties. Fall season means no more sweating, and not being too cold to where you can wear your favorite sweater without the need for a jacket. Here on the Hudson River, basically in Marist's own backyard, you can enjoy the fall foliage of the array of leaves on the Walkway Over the Hudson. So, grab your camera and head over to the beautiful bridge which captivates magnificent views of the ever changing leaves and the crisp Fall air.

Autumn is filled with more than just changing leaves; it's filled with lust and adventure. Do not take our prime location for granted. There are amazing oasis's just waiting for you to visit. Just 35 minutes east of Marist awaits the Fishkill Farms Orchards. You can enjoy apple picking, live music, everyone's favorite... cider donuts and of course the fun hayrides.

So go on a long, scenic drive to experience the vibrant colors of this season for yourself. Maybe get a group of friends and embrace your adventurous side by going on nature hikes and take a trail all the way to the scenic waterfall at Wappinger's Falls. Fall is full of adventure; let it bring out the inner traveler in you.

There are so many opportunities to enjoy this season. From the fall festivals, to the haunted houses and the pumpkin carving, fall in the Hudson Valley is more than just drinking and sticking on a hot Halloween costume for all the parties you plan on attending. It's the colorful leaves that surround our beautiful river and forests, and the fresh apples picked from all the orchards. What makes fall even better is knowing that winter and Christmas will soon be approaching, which makes us even more excited about this vibrant and festive season.