Rey’s Origins Revealed In “Star Wars: Episode 8” Leak

"No, ___ is your ___!" "Nooooo!"

538
Independent

(Major "Star Wars" spoilers below)

Part of the script from “Star Wars: Episode 8” has leaked, revealing Rey’s origins and the formation of the Jedi Order.

Stormtrooper Larry posted the rumored script on his website. Larry claims that @Ky10Ren has been closely following the production of “Star Wars: Episode 8.” Ky10Ren supposedly read “bits and pieces” of the script, which depicts a scene between Rey, Luke Skywalker, and Yoda.

You can read the script here.

The dialogue reveals the transformation of a brother and sister when they come into contact with a Force-sensitive tree.

The tree corrupted the boy, causing him to kill his sister and his parents. When the girl died, she became “one with the tree.” She taught the locals how to use The Force, and the Jedi Order was born.

The girl explained that The Force could be used for good and evil. She told the locals that she would return one day in the form of a boy or girl and that the Jedi Order should find her.

This reincarnation concept was previously shown in the “Star Wars” prequel trilogy when the Jedi Order believed Anakin Skywalker was the “Chosen One” who would bring balance to The Force.

As all “Star Wars” fans know, this did not turn out to be true. The dark side of The Force influenced Skywalker. He turned into Darth Vader and slaughtered most of the Jedi Order.

This implies that Rey is the real incarnation of the girl in the story. Before Rey could carry out her training, she was dropped off in Jakku as a child, as shown in “Star Wars: Force Awakens.”

Could this information be true? With all the rumors that are constantly in circulation about “Star Wars,” it is almost impossible to tell what is fabricated and what is not.

Despite the question in accuracy, this leak supports a previous Reddit leak that also depicts Rey as a reincarnation of The Force.

However, the Reddit leak states that Rey was born a virgin birth. Luke Skywalker tells her that she is “a child of the force,” which contrasts @Ky10Ren’s script when Rey supposedly sees both of her parents.

The Reddit leak covers the full plot of “Episode 8.” Much like @Ky10Ren’s leak, both sources are questionable and may or may not turn out to be true.

The fact that so much speculation has appeared about the upcoming film proves how popular the series has become.

First released in 1977, “Star Wars” has enjoyed a huge fan base that has only increased with the release of last year’s blockbuster film, “Star Wars: Force Awakens.”

Rey, the lead in “Force Awakens,” has gained worldwide recognition as a strong female hero.

Despite some criticism as a “Mary Sue,” a female character who is unrealistically adept at everything she does, Rey has nonetheless become part of a new wave of female role models, along with Katniss Everdeen from “Hunger Games” and Black Widow from the “Captain America” and “The Avengers” series.