The Daith Ear Piercing For Headache and Migraine Relief

Reviewed by a girl who has lived her entire life with chronic migraines and got the piercing.

1070
BodyPiercingMag

My name is Becca, I am nineteen years old, and I have suffered from chronic migraines for the majority of my life. I have gone years at a time with a headache every day and weeks at a time with the same migraine. From the beginning of my issues, when I was around seven years old, until now, I have tried close to everything. I have been on so many daily pills, over the counter painkillers, and prescription painkillers. I have seen several family doctors, neurologists, chiropractors, and massage therapists. I have tried tons of home and natural remedies, and many vitamins. I will basically try anything because the pain that I have dealt with for most of my life is so unbearable and I am beyond tired of missing out on my life because of chronic migraines.

I first heard about the daith ear piercing on Facebook, and I was very wary of it. I kept hearing people talking about this piercing alleviating headaches and migraines by piercing a pressure point. I have plenty of ear piercings already, but the idea that a piercing did something to affect your head sacred me. (The daith piercing is the hoop in the middle of my ear in the picture above) I also was not sure that I believed it would even work. I have been trying medicines, remedies, and treatments prescribed by major doctors for twelve years, so the idea that a piercing would do more did not seem real to me. It seemed WAY too good to be true.

However, I started to meet some people who had gotten the piercing and found help in it. The more people I met, the more convinced I was. I was most convinced by a new friend whose migraine situation and health is very similar to mine. She told me that it changed her life, and really thought it would be a worthwhile thing for me to do.

Some major pros of the piercing are the fact that it is inexpensive and removable. I paid twenty dollars for my piercing. That is nothing compared to what I pay in medicine, doctors visits, and treatments. You can also remove the piercing if it does not work for you or you do not like it, and you really did not lose much. You can put big rings or bars so small that it is hardly noticeable because it is so far inside your ear. The piercing is also super cute in my opinion. I may have gotten it even if it did not benefit my head because I like it so much.

The pain of the piercing is not in anyway horrible or unbearable. It does hurt a little bit, but it is quick and really not a big deal. It is nothing compared to a migraine. My piercing did not hurt at all afterward and it healed very fast and well. The cleaning instructions for the piercing are simple with household items like antibacterial soap and saline, and I have no discomfort in touching or even sleeping on mine.

Now, for the information you have all been waiting for, my results. The morning after I got the piercing I did not wake up with a headache. That has not happened in years, literally. Every morning for about a month I woke up feeling okay. I could not believe it. My morning headaches only began again when I hurt my neck a month later. I still have some headaches and some small migraines, but the difference has been incredible. I feel like I can live life again. I am not constantly in pain and when my head does get bad I am able to heal the pain with medicine. It has honestly changed my life. There are no words to describe the difference that I feel: to be able to participate in things, to not have to hold my head all the time, to be able to process thought, it's great!

I am also taking a daily medicine and vitamins, as well as monitoring my food intake. I have not had any sweets other than dark chocolate and frozen yogurt in over a year and I do not eat many processed foods. I do believe that my new found success is a combination of all of the elements I am combining. I do believe that my piercing is playing a huge role in my healing.

I would recommend this piercing to any person who suffers from headaches or migraines. I honestly believe it is at least worth a shot, and it has been so effective and amazing in my life. You may not find as much help in the piercing as I did, or you may find more, but either way it is well worth the try!