6 Restaurants Ole Miss Upperclassmen Don’t Want Underclassmen To Know About

Remember when you thought Volta looked sketchy and now you are there once a week?

113
hottytoddy.com

We all know Oxford is full of some of the best food in the country. It has everything under the sun from super fancy to “hole in the wall” places. And as you continue your college experience, you discover more and more places that you LOVE to eat at.

One reason because the food is good but reason number two is the younger college students don’t know about them...yet. Here is a complete list of restaurants juniors and seniors don’t want freshman and sophomores to know about and what makes them so great.

1. Wine Bar

Truly a hidden treasure. Wine bar is a place to celebrate birthdays and big events but in actuality, we go there for the cheese plates and the chance to drink wine without any judgment. The Wine Bar is very dark and has an almost Gatsby vibe about it. You feel a little older and mature when you walk in, and that is good feeling when you are in between your childhood and adulthood days.

2. The Blind Pig

Located right below Miss Behaven, freshman and sophomores usually walk right past this underground treat while shopping for game day outfits. But truly, The Blind Pig has some great food and drinks to keep you satisfied. You almost feel exclusive when you walk down the stairs to get to it and its definitely worth a visit.

3. Bacchus

Bacchus is one of those places that you think you can only really go to when your parents come to visit and can foot the bill. But it is actually a place we should be visiting more. It has great drinks and the food is worth it.

4. Lenora’s

Honestly, there is nothing better than Wine Wednesday. The deals alone are enough to get anyone through the door but the wine and food make the deals that much sweeter. You can’t walk into Lenora’s on a Wednesday and not see at least five people know, usually juniors and seniors you’ve spent the past couple of years with. Truly a good environment to eat, drink, and be merry.

5. St. Leos

I mean, popsicles in drinks is kind of a game changer. St. Leos is small, intimate, and fun. It is like a treat for you and your friends because we deserve a treat that involved a yummy drink.

6. Volta

For me, Volta is the number one spot for juniors and seniors. Which is interesting because when I was a freshman, I literally thought it was a gas station. But they have such good food satisfying to anyone and the drinks are everything you need on a hot day. It is also one of those places where you can always find someone you know, everyone is always so happy to be there. Truly the best “gas station” food I have ever had.

Ole Miss students have a pretty sweet deal just to be able to attend Ole Miss and live in Oxford. And the food and drinks only elevate that. These are the restaurants I wish I had discovered earlier but I am also pleased that juniors and seniors call these places home the most.