Remembering Bruiser | The Odyssey Online

Remembering Bruiser

A Tribute to the Life and Legacy of the Famous Pooch

27
Remembering Bruiser
giphy.com

It's a sad day for lovers of all things tiny and terrific. Moonie, the perfect pooch famous for playing Bruiser in "Legally Blonde," has passed away.

Elle's sidekick and favorite accessory, Bruiser was the king of throwing shade. He taught us all that love knows no boundaries and that there is never a wrong time to ask for a snack. AKA some of the most important lessons there are to learn.

If Elle was fabulous, and we know she was, Bruiser was F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S in a way that would make Yonce herself jealous. They say good things come in small packages, and Bruiser was 2 pounds of perfect. So this, my furry little friend, is a tribute to you.

Bruiser, a true patriot. Proud to be an American, the little guy knew that the best thing to do is the red, white and blue.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere!

Like all good Americans and best friends, he was politically engaged and supportive when Elle was drafting a Bill to save animals being used as test subjects.

The King of Pink, it takes a man confident with himself and his status as a fashion icon to rock a skirt like that.

A man of leisure, Bruiser knew when to let his hair down and relax on the weekends.

Nothing beats hopping in the convertible and cruising around with Elle.

He also knew when it was time to kick your feet up and soak up some Vitamin D.

Of course, we can only assume he reminded Elle to use some sunscreen. Skin cancer and wrinkles are not worth it!

Also not afraid to dig in and get dirty (in the office), Bruiser never shied away from a day or hard work.

The perfect compliment to a designer suit, Bruiser always look sharp and ready to get down to business.

Eager to be the kind listening ear for Elle's most recent troubles, Bruiser would never pass judgment or be degrading.

Man's (and Elle's) best friend was the ultimate support system through thick and thin.

Bruiser was a trailblazer, and forged relationships regardless of negative stereotypes.

Bruiser knew that Rottweilers can be wonderful friends and companions, too. Leslie became his best friend, and more…

What goes better with gloves and pearls than pink, pink, pink?

A perfect pooch. Bruiser knew that effective coordinating can make a good first impression and make all your coworkers envy you.

Studious and eager to rock his and Elle's alma mater, Bruiser was happy to don a sweater with the Harvard "H."

He was always in full support of Elle matriculating at the prestigious law school. And, of course, it matches her leather suit to a T.

Nothing beats those soulful eyes and intent gaze upon the future and greatness to come.

Anyone who has a pooch that is special to them knows that losing a pet is one of the hardest things to go through. Moonie, you will be missed more than words or pictures can express. Thank you for inspiring people everywhere to dress their dogs up in fabulous clothing, carry them in handbags and unabashedly treat them more like a person than a dog. Bruiser and Elle created a culture that will live on for years to come. I can't wait to see your legacy of love and acceptance continue into the future. Fly high, little guy.