2. My Religion - Skillet | The Odyssey Online

10 Songs To Spice Up Your Jesus Jams Playlist

I'm coming back to the heart of worship. Because you can praise Jesus, even if there's a heavy bass line.

93
https://unsplash.com/photos/_z5XmBSli4A

The beautiful thing about worship is that God does not care about how you sound, if you're singing on key, or if you're even on beat. All he cares about is where your heart is when you are doing it. Typically, when we think of worship songs, we go to Hillsong, Lauren Daigle, Newsboys, and so on.

As talented as these musicians are, sometimes they can be overplayed or we grow tiresome of their music. Today I present to you, a new worship playlist to spice up your music life. Here is a list of songs that come from the rock 'n roll genre because you can praise the Lord no matter how heavy the bass line is.

1. Adonai - Brian "Head" Welch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Welch

Well known as being the founding member of metal band "Korn", Brian "Head" Welch, went on a solo journey back in 2008 with his solo album "Save Me From Myself". Known for his journey to his found love in Christ, in his solo album you can find "Adonai" a song about all the wondrous qualities of the Adonai, God.

2. My Religion - Skillet

Katelyn Siltman

Known for their song "Monster," Skillet dropped a studio album named "Rise" in 2012 following their "Awake Album". This album is a concept album which means the songs tell a story from track one all the way to the last track. On this album you can find "My Religion" which talks about how we as Christians often get too caught up in the religious routine of Christianity instead of the relationship aspect - which is the most important part of the faith.

3. All Around Me - Flyleaf

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Flyleaf_performing_live_SanFranOCT18.jpg

Doing a bit of a throw back to 2005, probably one of their most well-known songs next to "I'm So Sick", "All Around Me" discusses how God's love is all surrounding and all healing.

4. Impossible - Lacey Sturm

Katelyn Siltman

After breaking off from Flyleaf to do life as a mom, Lacey Sturm, former lead singer, dropped a solo album in 2016 entitled "Life Screams". The first track "Impossible" simply talks about how limitless we are when we have God. With a chorus that goes "Every morning I see/ another miracle/ I can't believe I am living the Impossible", simply shows how wondrous his mercies are every day.

5. How Great Thou Art - Becoming the Archetype

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Becoming_the_archetype.jpg

"How Great Thou Art" is a classic hymnal that anyone who goes to church on Sunday knows. Spice up this well-known hymn with a metal twist done by American metal band Becoming the Archetype. It's a head banger.

6. Radical - Disciple

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kevin_Young_Lead_Singer_of_Disciple_Jan_13_2009.JPG

This song is all about being a radical follower and lover of Jesus. If you are ever in a slump in your faith or you feel like you're going through the motions, lift up your mood with this rock'n tune to encourage and rekindle the flame of being a radical for the Lord.

7. Still Burning - Fight the Fury

Katelyn Siltman

Frontman John Cooper and Guitarist Seth Morrison of Skillet created a side project over the course of 2018 called Fight the Fury. A band specifically developed for Skillet fans who want heavier music. Title track of their first EP, "Still Breathing" is all about how no matter how tough life gets, you are still breathing and burning for Jesus. He is the one constant in this crazy world.

8. Feed the Machine - Red

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Red_-_band_press_photo.jpg

With a sarcastic twist, "Feed the Machine" is all about how we as humans place our identity in what the world tells us. Every day we "Feed the Machine" which leaves us empty inside. In truth, we should be rooting our identity in Christ for we are image bearers of him, not image bearers of what the world wants us to be.

9. Noise Revolution - The Protest

Katelyn Siltman

From their studio album "Legacy", The Protest sings about how powerful God's word is. It discusses the supernatural and life bringing the living word is. In a world full of life-ending talk, "Noise Revolution" discusses how to bring on a revolution of the life-sustaining word of God.

10. The Last One Alive - Demon Hunter

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Demon_Hunter_(USA).jpg

From their seventh studio album "Extremist" this song discusses being chastised for your beliefs. With lyrics like, "Where Angels fall/And Darkness reigns/Where Time dissolves/The Brightest Flame/Ever the same!" is all about how no matter what, God is still there and running after you.