Reasons Why We Love Shane West As Landon Carter

Love is patient, love is kind

249
FanPop.com

For those of you who have a soft spot for Nicholas Sparks, you have probably seen "A Walk to Remember." If you are anything like me, you have probably seen "A Walk to Remember" many, and I mean, MANY times. I have seen this movie so many times, yet I still manage to cry every time. How is this possible? How can one movie cause so many tears, EVERY time I watch it, even though I know the movie word for word, and I know what it is leading up to?

The answer to all of the above questions is this -- Shane West aka Landon Carter.

Landon Carter was Jamie’s miracle. She wished for a miracle, and Landon was given to her (at the worst time ever, THANK YOU NICHOLAS SPARKS). The movie starts with Landon being the bad boy character; he breaks the rules, hearts, and some laws, pretty much all within the first scene of the movie. His punishment for his actions in this scene is what leads him to Jamie. Landon goes to Jamie for help with his play lines, when he does, she warns him not to fall in love with her (pfttt Landon Carter falling in love with Jamie Sullivan, never gonna happen [even though we all know it’s going to happen because why else would she say that]). What does he do? Exactly that. Landon falls head over heels for Jamie (while she’s singing, we all know exactly what scene I am talking about).

He drives miles to take her to the border of their state so she can be two places at once, gives her a temporary tattoo, dances in the moonlight with her, see what I did there?

When he finds out that Jamie is sick, he won’t go away. He won’t let Jamie push him away, and he won’t let her go even though he knows that she is dying. Landon drives to see his father, who he no longer has no relationship with, to ask him to give Jamie a second opinion. He puts his entire being into Jamie; he keeps her healthy longer than she would have been without him, all long enough for him to become the man Jamie knew he was supposed to be. He builds her a telescope to see a one-time comet, and after they look at the comet, he gets down on a knee and asks Jamie to marry him. Then we find out what Jamie’s number one thing to do before she died was- to get married in the same church as her parents. Landon makes this happen; he wanted to help her finish everything on her list, before even knowing what the list was, and before knowing how little time he would have to do so.

Then comes my favorite scene.

Our love for Landon Carter is like the wind, you can’t see it, but you can feel it.