7 Reasons To Watch The Librarians

7 Reasons To Watch The Librarians

"I'm offering you a life of mystery, of misery, of loneliness, and adventure..."

82
7 Reasons To Watch The Librarians
pogdesign

To say I’m obsessed with "The Librarians" is a severe understatement. Anyone who’s spent more than five minutes with me knows that I have a deep running passion for the series and will continue to talk about it until my tongue falls off. In order to encourage other people to see this masterpiece, here are a few reasons you should watch "The Librarians."

1. Strong Female Characters

It’s hard to believe the bar is set this low, but the two main female characters are strong women in their field. Cassandra Cillian, played by Lindy Booth, has extensive knowledge in the STEM area (there's an episode featuring a science fair) and Eve Baird, played by Rebecca Romijn, is a NATO counter-terrorism agent recruited by the Library.

2. Magic

Because to be honest, we’d all like to suspend belief, even if only for a little while. The magic is rooted deeply in actual legend, which is also super cool. The minotaur is featured, as well as fairytales coming to life.

3. Pop Culture References

Throughout the show, there are various references to other SciFi adventures, including "Doctor Who" and "Back to the Future."

4. Soundtrack

Listen, I know I’m a music nerd, but the soundtrack is truly the best. It’s composed by Joseph Loduca (the same guy who did Xena: Warrior Princess) and is amazing.

5. Lessons

While the episodes focus on unbridled magic in the world, a lot of the character development is through the interaction with each other. The thief who bails becomes the only one who can save his friends; the girl who betrays becomes the only one able to defeat a dark force that represents what she fears the most; and the genius cowboy must face his fear of allowing his two worlds to blend into one.

6. Diversity

While 90% of the cast is still pretty white, there are some prominent characters of color, as well as an episode focusing on stealing native lands for profit.

7. Relaxing

At the end of the day, it’s a funny show to unwind to. At the end of the day, who doesn’t want a show about mythical beings with entertaining dialogue? It’s the drama-comedy we never knew we wanted.

Basically, "The Librarians" is your daily dose of extreme nerdiness followed by incredible adventure. The dialogue is well written, the characters are relatable, and the challenges faced keep you laughing (or crying -- I'm looking at you Season 2) for ages. So please, do yourself a favor and watch The Librarians any way you can before the Season 3 premiere on November 20th. And if you need a watching buddy, know that I am always down to discuss.