Reasons Why I Don't Like Taylor Swift | The Odyssey Online

Reasons Why I Don't Like Taylor Swift

I would say go listen to her songs, but you'd have to buy them.

1328
Reasons Why I Don't Like Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift is considered "America's Sweetheart" and pretty much loved by the majority of the population. Well, I'm in the minority group when it comes to her, because I really just can't stand her.

I enjoyed Taylor Swift when she first came out, but over time she became that really annoying girl who is always crying about something that isn't fair. The whiny school girl. The girl who you love to hate, because she is just THAT annoying.

All she does is sing about relationships

First, I understand that women can do this. Men like Ed Sheeran make money off of singing about relationships, I understand the concept of equality here. The difference is just about EVERY. SINGLE. SONG. is a whiny song about a relationship - typically a boy - while not every song by a Male Artist is about a girl. Sing about something else please!

She does not understand the true concept of feminism

With that being said, it brings me to my next point. Taylor Swift claims to be a feminist, but feminism is not writing a song about a Guy and bashing him in it. It was also reported that she fat shamed Selena Gomez (and has drama with Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry and lets not forget Nicki Minaj), and that is not feminism. Feminism is building Women up, not bashing Men and Women.

She is all about the money

Taylor Swift doesn't like free. She pulled her music from Spotify because she lost album sales and was not getting paid. But she cares about her fans and them enjoying her music? So she makes them pay an arm and a leg? Her 1989 album is copyrighted by YouTube, which is just another ploy to get you to buy her Album. Oh, and she sues her fans because they made fan art of 1989 because she cares so much! She claims her music is "art" but the minute her fans get creative and make "art" to glorify her, she sues them.

She is overrated

That's it. There are plenty of underrated artists that can sing circles around her.

She is always playing the victim

Taylor Swift made claims that Tom Hiddleston only dated her for the "fame". That sounds like crap! Loki - I mean Tom - is a God! He doesn't need a crybaby, pop singer to become "more famous". More recently, the drama with Kanye West and Taylor Swift was just ridiculous. I am not a fan of Kanye West either but I had to be #TeamKanye. She gave Kanye the right to use her name in one of his songs, that's it, if she knew anything about Kanye West she would be aware of of what kind of things he says in his songs. The whole situation just really makes my eyes roll out of my head because of how whiny Taylor Swift was acting. Also, she made the claim that she "felt like she had been assaulted" and that is just a slap in the face to any victim of sexual assault anywhere. There are Men and Women everywhere getting sexually assaulted everyday, but you poor thing, you were called a bitch in a song that you consented to.

*CUE EYE ROLL*