7 Reasons Why Your Squad Needs To Be Like the Fab 5 | The Odyssey Online

7 Reasons Why Your Squad Needs To Be Like the Fab 5

We all have a squad, but the Fab 5 has given us new standards.

520
Instagram

In case you haven’t seen it, I’m here to tell you that Netflix’s revamp of Queer Eye is EVERYTHING! Through the show, you will meet the Fab 5: Bobby Berk, interior design mogul, Antoni Porowski, food and drink specialist, Jonathan Van Ness, style and grooming expert, Tan France, style expert, and finally, Karamo Brown, culture specialist. These five have come together to create one of the funniest, most genuine, and touching show I’ve watched in a long time.

For those of you that have not had the opportunity to watch the show yet, here’s a brief synopsis. The Fab 5 visit with a new person each episode and transforms their lives through fashion, proper grooming, home décor, cuisine, and confidence. It sounds so corny, but it is soooo amazing to watch.

Bobby, Antoni, Jonathan, Tan, Karamo, if you are by chance reading this, I adore you and I thank you for the conversations you are starting. Each episode not only transforms someone’s life, but it also creates conversations all across the country about being openly gay, racial barriers, and so much more. Every single one of you has said something in Queer Eye that has touched me and inspired me to be the best version of myself every single day.

Again, if you haven’t watched this show yet, it is a must watch!

1. They are each other’s biggest fans.

Seriously, go look at all of their Instagrams. These guys hype each other up on the show, on social media, and I’d be willing to bet they do in person, too. We all need friends like that.

2. They’re not afraid to be real with each other.

Of course, I can’t speak for their personal relationships. But, look at how open they are with the guests on the show and with each other. The Fab 5 have real, vulnerable moments that all of us need to have with our friends on the regular.

3. They are FIERCE!

Just look at them! All five of them are incredibly confident in themselves and in each other. Can you imagine how bright a room would feel after this group walks in?

4. Their strengths complement each other.

Let’s be real, this show would not work the way it does if all of them knew fashion like Tan or food/drinks like Antoni. Each of the Fab 5 has a strength that is their focus on the show. They each have something to offer to the guests on Queer Eye, and they know that and don’t step on each other’s toes.

5. They can relate to each other.

This is going to sound so cliché, but you need people around you that can relate to what you’re going through, or can at least kind of relate. These men have all experienced some similar things and they can support each other better through that.

6. They celebrate each other.

They are incredibly supportive of each other, especially when one of them is having a huge impact on one of their guests. We all need friends that will be the first to raise a glass to your victories.

7. They are fun!

Watch one episode and you’ll see what I mean. They genuinely have so much fun together.

Need I say more?