Being The Baby Means Being Body Slammed AND Protected At All Costs, And I Wouldn't Trade It For Anything | The Odyssey Online

Being The Baby Means Being Body Slammed AND Protected At All Costs, And I Wouldn't Trade It For Anything

It's much better than being the oldest, that's for sure.

202
Jessica Prowell

Being the youngest sibling (of 2, granted, but still the youngest) is overall 1000x better than being the oldest. I never had to worry about setting an example, I never had to take care of anyone else (in theory), I was never in charge. SO many pros, tbh.

All that said, being the youngest can be rough. The literal and verbal human punching bag (all in good fun), never been in charge, SOMEONE WAS ALWAYS IN CHARGE OF ME. Being bossed around by someone who's basically your equal in everything except height sucks.

Cons: What responsibilities?

I knew how to pose tbh.

Jessica Prowell

I was in for the shock of my life when I had to start doing things for myself. Making food?

How is something either a pot or a pan?

Laundry?

wHAT IS THE CORRECT AMOUNT OF LAUNDRY SOAP?

#SENDHELP

Pro: What responsibilities?

Me and my big bro like 12 years ago at Silver Dollar City.

Jessica Prowell

As soon as I came along, my big bro was stuck with the responsibility of babysitting, chauffeuring, entertaining, and just all around being there for another human being. We have a relatively big age gap (he's about 7 years older than me, so he'll be 25 next month), so by the time I could semi-fend for myself he was 13-15. I've always had someone to take care of me.

Cons: Always having a shoulder to lean on

the height difference is still there (cameo by my cousin Tyler, sup bruh)

Jessica Prowell

HE'S ALWAYS THERE. I AM NEVER FREE FROM THE JUDGEMENT AND THREATS TO MY LOVE LIFE. WHY YOU DO DIS.

Pros: Always having a shoulder to lean on

My 9th birthday, how cute am I?

Jessica Prowell

My brother is always there for me when I really need him. I don't need him too often cause I'm a strong independent woman who don't need nobody but my mom~

But seriously, my brother has always been there for me when I need him, whether he knows it or not.

Cons: Life is never boring

I've always been a cheese ball #exposed

Jessica Prowell

Again I say, HE WAS ALWAYS THERE.

I WAS NEVER ALONE.

Until the time he got a car I was neeeeeever alone. I never had peace, quiet, solitude, calm.

CONSTANT CHAOS.

Pros: Life is never boring

One of my favorite photos of all time.

Jessica Prowell

Every car ride, every movie, every game night, every normal day, every rainy day, every sad day, every fantastic day, I've always had someone there. I've always had my brother with me.

Since he moved away, I was alone a lot more, life was quieter, life was calmer. I enjoyed it for about a week, then I just missed my big brother.

We may get on each other's last nerves and want to kill each other half the time, but I love him, I miss him, and I'm blessed to have him.

Shoutout to my mom for having two kids, and shoutout to my brother for being my brother.