Your Pittsburgh Guide To July 4th Weekend | The Odyssey Online

Your Pittsburgh Guide To July 4th Weekend

Don't miss any of these 4th festivities in the Burgh.

9
http://cdn.funcheap.com

Holiday weekends can get really hectic, and while it's fun to be spontaneous, having an idea of what you want to do is always a good call. That way, you will hit all the essential spots and risk any onset of FOMO. Here is your day by day guide to July 4th weekend in the Burgh:

Friday:

Festivities start today. Take a half day from work because I know around 2:00 today you're going to start having a "headache" and your stomach is going to feel weird. I can predict the future, so just take my word on this, take the half day.

Once you get out of work head to the store and get all your 4th grilling and drinking necessities because you are not going to want to deal with those crowds this weekend. Stock up on burgers, weenies, buns, ketchup, all the mayonnaise based salads, and of course, the liquor. Check out these Independence Day inspired drinks. Spend Friday night at a free concert in Station Square to channel all your 70's 80's and 90's feels. Details here.

Saturday:

It's the day we've been waiting for- the Kenny concert. Early wakeup call to get the day drink in full swing before the actual tailgate. Parking lots open at 1:00pm which is a direct translation for tailgating begins at 1:00pm. Here's your full timeline to all things Kenny. If you aren't a true country fan, buy some ripped jeans shorts and a flannel, no one will ever know. You'll be glad you did your food and drink shopping Friday because this will be an all day event if you do it right. If you still have some life in you after the concert, head over to Howl at the Moon for their Red, White and Brew Bash. I'm not advocating this just because I have a deep love for puns; they actually have awesome specials going on until midnight. Spoiler alert: $3 beers, $5 cocktails. There's also a thing called a Firecracker Bucket...do what you will with that information. Sport your red, white, and blue attire, and entrance is FO' FREE. If country isn't your style but food is, there is also a Bratwurst festival happening for all you brat lovers.

Sunday:

Detox from Saturday with some fresh outdoor activity- kayaking. While this may sound like the last thing you want to be doing to cure a hangover, at least you know that if you get sick in the river it can't make it any dirtier than it already is (sorry for throwing shade @Monongahela, @Ohio, @Allegheny). After your daily dose of the great outdoors, enjoy your Sunday Funday before you're hit with a wave of all things America tomorrow.

Monday:

The grand event. Happy birthday, America! Celebrate all day by grilling your already bought supplies (you're welcome) and drinking your already purchased drinks (you're welcome X2). What better way to spend America's day than watching our favorite pastime? Head over to PNC park for a 2:15pm game, Pirates vs. Cardinals. Since you're already down at North Shore, after the game make your way over to Heinz Field for the second time this weekend for their 4th of July celebration. Free admission, food, fireworks, and live music (what more could you ask for). If you have PTSD from Heinz Field from earlier weekend activities, Point State Park's celebration may be more your style.

Fourth of July weekend is one of the best weekends of summer. Take this opportunity to house more hot dogs and beers than you should. Regardless of how you spend the holiday, have fun and stay classy, Pittsburgh.