How To Be A Good Person For Dummies

How To Be A Good Person For Dummies

People suck

1301
How To Be A Good Person For Dummies

And not all of humanity is terrible, but some people (a lot of people) need a wake up call on how they treat others and themselves. The world has become blind-fully consumed in media, social status, lies, and fear, that we will completely reject kindness, individual thoughts, and simply each other. So...here's 10 ways to suck a little less, and be a little better of a person. And if you get upset reading these, then you know you do indeed suck. Some advice for those people: Don't get mad, get glad! And change yourself.

1. Don't be a Fault Finder

Let people make mistakes and learn from themselves. Some people feel an overwhelming amount of pride and satisfaction from pointing out everything wrong with others, when they should let others experience mistakes and figure it out themselves. We can't learn if you're always shutting people down with embarrassment.

2. Try Thinking About Other People for at Least Two Seconds a Day

Or four seconds, or a few hours. If we all stopped talking so much about ourselves and listened to others opinions and stories, we'd learn a lot more than we think we ever could. You can read every book in the world and know every fact off the top of your head, but you won't know how to feel and understand like a human if you never shut up. And, no one is going to listen to you talk and really care, if you don't either.

3. Learn to Love Things That Breathe

Hey, let's stop loving objects and using people, and start loving people and using objects! What a crazy life that would be, huh? People are very social and loving creatures, yet we've become obsessed with selfies and make-up and working out, more than loving our families and friends. Take a break from the technology and take a walk or something. Love nature, love people.

4. Have a Little Sympathy

And not just for the devil. Cry when someone cries, make it a goal everyday to make someone smile. It's not shallow. It's not being weak. Having compassion and sympathy makes us so much more strong. I believe you should take care of yourself, but you can't care about nothing at all also. I guess you can actually, but you'd be pretty selfish and I'm sure you're very unhappy on the inside.

5. Don't Treat People Like Kickballs

In other words, don't kick people while they're down. Think about what you say and what you do before you just do it. Put yourself in their shoes, really. Think about what they need to hear, what you would want to hear. Treat others the way you want to be treated. I mean that so much.

6. Learn to Use Your Ears for Reasons Other Than Listening to Yourself

This also goes with no. 2, but also so much more. Sometimes when driving, turn down the music and listen to your surroundings. Think about the people living in the neighborhood you're near. Think about what others are doing or thinking or listening too. Also, listen to different and more things. Listen to someone else's favorite music, even if you might hate it (cough, country) and think, "Hey, why does this person like it so much? What does it mean to them?" Stop living your life with the motto -Give no Bucks (heh)- and start giving one, because that's what being human is all about.

7. P.S....Clean Your Ears

And your body and your teeth and your face and please just have good hygiene.

8. Try Turning Left and Not Always Going Right

Don't always assume you are right about everything, even if you are. Opinions that are different then yours do not make them wrong, they make them different. Don't live your life in one mindset, have like 3 million of them. Not every fact is truth, or right. Form opinions and discuss with others. Don't be an egotistical, arrogant know-it-all, and make it a goal to make others feels insignificant around you. There's no cookie award for those people.

9. Don't Take Advice From Miley Cyrus; Ergo, Don't Come in Like a Wrecking Ball

I hope this made you chuckle. But honestly, mind your own business. Reflect on yourself instead of judging others so much. Make your life happier with what you have, not destroying somebody else's home and family. Do what's right, have a little respect for others and yourself, have morals and follow them.

10. Learn to Love Yourself

And you will love others. Learn to love yourself, your true self, and I bet you won't suck. Take some time to breathe, to walk, to accept, and to learn. Love yourself and love a passion and love a lot of people, be kind and when someone treats you bad, be kinder. Just be yourself, and love the heck outta you.