10 Things That Happen When You Say You Go To PSU

65

As seniors in high school are beginning to get their acceptance letters into college, people look back at what it was like when they received their letter. Penn State may or may not have been your first choice, but regardless you accepted your letter. As a result, you were forced to listen to the cliche comments an obscene amount of people threw your way once you wore your college paraphernalia for the first time.

1. "Oh you must be so happy."

I am wearing the clothes. I am making a Facebook status. I am telling all my friends and family. Yeah, I would agree that I am excited.

2. "Wow, their football team sucks right now!"

We have a winning record. Clearly they were too scared to shake our hands.

3. " You're in the middle of nowhere."

In case you didn't realize on the way to Penn State, you pass a lot of farm and a detention centers. However, on campus you are surrounded by 40,000 of your best friends.

4. "Isn't that the home of Sandusky?"

His name is synonymous to Voldemort's in Hogwarts; you just don't say it. Seriously, I was barely even in high school when it happened, so that isn't relevant to me.

5. "Is that a good school?"

You can easily Google whether or not it is a good school. Why ask me? I have to be biased if I'm attending the institution.

6. "That campus is huge."

Every year approximately 10,000 freshman join the Penn State community. With such a large student body, you need an equally massive campus.

7. "Oh wow. Tell me all about it. What made you pick Penn State? I want to know every detail!"

I have so many reasons for choosing this university and these are a lot of questions. Just congratulate me and move on please.

8. "You must party a lot, right?"

9. "Wow it's so cold up there. Doesn't it snow like every day?"

It is forecasted to be sixty seven degrees on Christmas Day this year, so I do not believe it will snow. It's Pennsylvania, not Alaska.

10. "I know someone who goes there! Do you know *insert obscure name*?"

If I still can't find Waldo in this picture, I probably can't find your best friend on my campus.