To The Person Who Is Tired Of Being Single And Lonely | The Odyssey Online

To The Person Who Is Tired Of Being Single And Lonely

The journey in seeing God's will for your relationships.

8521
Humblebeast.com

When I returned to the country after two months, I’ll admit, it was difficult not having a significant other to embrace me because he missed me so much. It’s honestly been one of the hardest parts of my entire single life. I have never really had many friends, let alone a caring boyfriend. I’m not going to lie, there have been many times I have wished I could have someone to go with me to concerts, or someone to dress up with so we could go out. I have wanted to be able to cry with someone, laugh with someone, and share my thoughts with someone. It is almost like Satan knew it, too. The only thing I could seem to focus on was the fact that every person around me had someone else to call their own. It seemed like the only Facebook and Instagram posts I saw were ones displaying a happy couple on a date I only wish I could go on. I sound pretty pathetic, don’t I? Well, let me tell you something I began learning this summer.

I want to lay some truth on you. Singleness is one of Satan’s ways to deter our mind from fully relying and building a relationship with Christ. Satan lets us believe that nobody in the world values us, nobody wants us; therefore, we let ourselves get depressed and close ourselves off from all relationships in general. We do not have a significant other, so we just stop pursuing relationships in general. That is exactly what Satan wants. He wants to not only destroy you, but destroy any future relationships that you could make with friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, etc. You see, he wants you to become so bitter towards the thoughts of relationships that you stop building the body of Christ. He wants you to believe that God is keeping someone from you. Satan wants you to believe that it is somehow God’s fault. Satan wants you to rush into something out of God’s will for your life. Let me just say this, THAT IS CRAP. Satan is nothing but a liar and you are allowing him to have free reign over your spiritual and emotional well-being. You are letting him win.

Do you not believe that God has something so much greater for you? When you begin to encompass yourself with thoughts of singleness and thoughts of relationships, you are ridding yourself of whatever amazing thing God has for you. Maybe you are missing out on making some awesome friendships? Maybe you are missing out on building relationships with your family that you have not taken the time to invest in? Maybe Satan is keeping you from being involved in something so much bigger than yourself? I know that when I let Satan invade my life like that, I missed out on many opportunities to serve my campus and meet tons of new people. Instead, I stayed in my dorm and closed myself off from the world. You know, we are called to go out there and make relationships in order to further the gospel. We are not called to throw a hissy fit because we do not have a boyfriend or girlfriend like everyone else. It is time for you to stand up, put on your big panties, make really great friends and wait for the Lord to introduce the right person into your life. Being single sucks, I feel you, but know that God created you and knows the desires of your heart. Do you think He does not know your longing for a partner in life? Do not let the fact that you do not have a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship stop you from making friendships. Hold on, keep the faith, and pursue God like no other. He will provide whatever He sees fit in due time.