An Open Letter To The Girl Who Broke His Heart

As much as I despise you, I secretly thank you.

797
Discovery Of Unknown

Dear My Current's Ex,

You and I don’t know each other, and I hope we never meet either. I am glad that you broke his heart. Of course part of me wishes that you never did, but if you hadn’t I wouldn’t have that amazing man you let go in my arms at night. You are the one who let him go. He’s not crazy, unless he was crazy in love with you. He clearly was at one point or another because you hurt him badly. Nobody should have to go through the world of pain that he has gone through in his 25 years on this planet.

But how were you to know you would hurt him this badly? That years from the time you left him for your “baby daddy” that there would still be a piece of his heart missing. He loved you, and he loved that little boy of yours that he helped you raise. Until you abandoned ship, and left him.

The more I think about it, the more I believe you are no good for him. You don’t have a piece of his heart. It’s your son that does. He’s told me many stories about him. I feel as if I know him, even though you’re over 2,000 miles away in some dead-end town with nothing better to do than cause hate and discontent. You aren’t the woman he fell in love with. You’re just the girl he settled for.

Now I am glad you are there and we are here. I have him to hold at night in my bed. I have him to kiss. I have him to love. And I have him to dream of at night. What do you have? He’s my special man. Did you know we are getting married? Does that bother you? It doesn’t me. At first it did. I kept thinking, what if he really is only marrying me because he misses her? What if he is replacing her with me? I know now better than that. He simply loves us.

You are not any better than us, and you won’t ever be. So enjoy that small family of yours while you have them in your arms. It’s pure bliss, and a feeling of completeness. I love being with him, he’s my world. My daughter is my world, too. Together we are a family. Even my Ex is apart of our crazy messed up family. But I am glad that you will never get a chance to be.

So thank you for breaking his heart. Because if it wasn’t for you, he wouldn’t have me. And if it wasn’t for you he wouldn’t have left Missouri to find me. In some strange universe it all works out for the best here doesn’t it? I believe anything is better than nothing. And the fact that he holds on to a piece of your family, just brings him closer to his own family. Thank you for bringing him to me. Words cannot express the gratitude I share for this love triangle. Because if it wasn't for you, I would not be with the man I love today.

Signed,

Your Ex's Current