An Open Letter To The Students Working While Struggling To Do So | The Odyssey Online

An Open Letter To The Students Working While Struggling To Do So

We See You.

5
Thought Catalog

Whether you're in high school or college, working your way through both of those are difficult tasks. It's an endless cycle from Monday to Friday of waking up early to attend your morning classes and then going to work until ten, eleven, midnight or later, getting home and fitting in as much homework and studying as you possibly can - and then waking up after only a few hours of sleep to do it all again. It's hard and it's exhausting, but let me tell you this - you're respected and valued. It's not an easy thing to do, and it's very effortless to sometimes become envious of the students who don't have to work and get to have fun and party every night of the week while you're working. But, just remember - you're going to be ready for the real world once you graduate. You're going to have built up work ethics, and you're going to know what it takes to succeed.

Working hard does not go by unnoticed either, no matter how hard it is to see that some times. School can be hard enough as it is, and once you work on top of that it's a great deal harder. And for student-athletes that work - you're tough!

Dear Student(s) that are working their way through,

I appreciate you. You have shown a tremendous amount of maturity by doing this and working so hard. You have an immense amount of tasks to be completed every single day, and it doesn't seem like you fall short. Don't be wavered, you are seen and you are respected. As much as you wish you didn't have to work, your effort does not go unseen, and that is something great. In return for all of your hard work and effort, you'll soon see many rewarding opportunities that many others may not.

I know that sometimes you feel like it's too much: your schedule, your homework, how little study time you have, the pressure, etc. But, you can handle it. You are strong enough to get through this and it will only project you further in the years to come.

I hope this letter helps you realize how much your effort and work ethics are admired. You are appreciated. You are rare, and you will have such a great future ahead of you. I promise it gets easier, and it will all be worth it one day. You will see the results, and you'll look back and be thankful you put in so much time balancing your school, work, and extra-curricular activities.

Keep going. Don't give up!

You've got this,

Your peers, elders, parents, family, and friends

I know that some times a few words of encouragement can go a long ways, so if you're going through this hard time and struggling to get through it, I hope this simple letter give you those words. All of these words are meant and true.

Keep going, don't give up!