An Open Letter To Every Human Being

An Open Letter To Every Human Being

Age is nothing but a number. STOP waiting.

97
An Open Letter To Every Human Being
eemyouthcamps.org

Have you ever noticed that without wanting to you are always waiting? You’re waiting for an adventure. You’re waiting to grow up to do something crazy like bungee jump or get a tattoo or possibly to travel the world. The funny thing that I have realized is that time does not stop. Life sure doesn’t stop either. We’re even constantly waiting for things that we aren’t even sure will occur. We’re waiting for planned trips to the beach with friends or even for that cute person to talk to you. When you’re young, you are waiting to grow up to leave home and have a life full of adventures as seen on social medias, but that should not be stopping you. The world is really yours...

If there is anything I’ve learned is that age is nothing but a number. How old a person does not mean that they are mature and know what they are doing. The fact is that I don’t think anyone ever knows what they are doing because you never know what life has in store for you. Now that I look back I find it hilarious that I would even think people my age or older (who are considered legal human beings HAHAHA) are even considered adults. Just because they are at the age to drink, smoke, take out a loan (or several), vote, and/or go live off on their own, does not mean that they are responsible or even open minded and aware of their potentials. When I went off to college I thought I would enter the “adult world” because everyone is older and mature. INSTEAD I have encountered some of the most childish and inconsiderate people, who don’t really realize that their words and actions hurt people. It’s not to say that I have not encountered people who are mature, but what I mean to say is that you should not have the idea that their age will determine how they.

You expect people to grow up and be responsible but I realized that it’s not always true. I have had more meaningful conversations with people younger than me than people my own age. They have experienced more hardships in their lives than most people will ever experience and I admire them for that. In fact, I admire every single human being because they are all individually fighting their own battles. Age is really nothing but a number, you have a whole life to live and explore, so.……

Dear You,

Stop waiting.Stop waiting and start acting now. You will never be younger than you are now because with each second that passes you are one second older and one second older to death. As depressing as it sounds, it is true. Life does not stop so do what you want BUT DON’T hurt people. Life is TOO SHORT for you to be so concerned with what people think and talks about you. If I have learned anything in my years of existence is that people will always talk, good and bad. Even if it isn’t true and rumors spread you can’t control it. Therefore, turn the page in your book of life and start being the person you want to be. Start living! If you want to wear that one dress do it or maybe it’s those pink chubby shorts then do it! You’re losing days of your life waiting and being concerned about people who don’t even think twice to help you or take your feelings into consideration. If you’re happy with whatever you’re doing and they’re not, then maybe you should reevaluate who you influence your life. The truth is you will have good and bad days. There will be days where the sun does not seem to stop shining (Yay good days!). There will also be days where you are going to feel like your life isn’t worth living, BUT it is. There will be days where you feel like you’re not worth it, BUT you are. You are going to want to give up but don’t. You just have to stay strong and figure out your purpose, because everyone has one. Even if it’s just making someone laugh when they were having a bad day. The restrictions you have are because you made them. So whether it’s your age (which is nothing but a number), gender, ethnicity, and/or believes, go off and do what please yourself. So, this is your wake-up call. So here is some advice from me to you:

1. Stop waiting. Get up and do it. Go for that walk, go to that concert even if you go alone, read that book, and/or go on that trip etc. etc.
  2. Don’t overthink. Sometimes the best thing that you can do for yourself is to not overthink it, not wonder, not picture it, not obsess over the outcomes. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best even if it doesn't seem like it at first
  3. “You’re not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Just RELAX. Master the day. Then just keep doing that every day.”
  4. Enjoy nature. Even if it’s the smell after the rain. You’re too young to not see the world, explore it, or discover what it has to offer you
  5. Everyone is also struggling, don’t be a nuisance. “Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something.” — H. Jackson Brown Jr.
  6. Darling, you’ll be okay. Whatever it is that you are going through it will get better with time trust me. “Don’t get lost in your pain, know that one day your pain will become your cure.” I know it hurts but you have to keep moving because you’ll miss the chance to build yourself to a better person.
  7. “When feeling overwhelmed by a faraway goal. Repeat the following: I have it within me right now, to get me where I want to be later.”
  8. Be Kind. “No one knows for certain how much impact they have on the lives of other people. Oftentimes, we have no clue, Yet we push it just the same.” — Jay Asher. Calling that person a random or inconsiderate because they don’t agree with your actions does hurt, so stop.
  9. “ All endings are also beginnings. We just don’t know it at the time.” — Mitch Albom
  10. Make yourself a priority.

Don’t obsess over what you can’t control, including your age, instead, start living and planning so you can do everything your little heart wishes.

With Much love and luck, I wish you the best in life.