Lessons Learned From One Tree Hill | The Odyssey Online

Lessons Learned From One Tree Hill

One Tree Hill is an emotional roller coaster that makes you fall in love with the whole cast.

59
Lessons Learned From One Tree Hill
PopSugar

One Tree Hill is a show about a group of people and their struggles of growing up and moving on in life. We see love, loss, fear, anger, and happiness from all of the characters. You follow their stories and hope for the best with all of them. There are people you like and don’t like. It is a relatable show. If you have not watched One Tree Hill, you are missing out. It is an emotional roller coaster, it causes laughter, anxiety, love, and hate. You'll bawl your eyes out at least once during the show, I guarantee it! This show is full of life lessons you can learn from the various characters.

Warning: if you have not watched the show, there are spoilers!

Love: We get to experience love through various couples. Nathan and Haley are the star couple. They go through ups and downs from Chris Keller, to Nathan's accident, the passing of Haley’s mom, to Nathan getting kidnapped. We see the love that they have for each other through those hard times. Peyton and Lucas are a classic example the underdog gets the girl. Their relationship was rocky. They split up multiple times, but through everything they always found their way back to each other in the end. They go through so much and it makes them a stronger couple. Brooke and Julian show us that love comes when you least expect it. Julian shows compassion and support for Brooke; his love for her is so pure and passionate. Mouth and Millicent show us that relationships are hard, but when you love each other you can work through the problems. Quinn and Clay show us that even the broken ones deserve love. Clay was in a dark place when he met Quinn, and Quinn stuck by him and grew with him. She showed him that he could love again.

Friendship: Friendship is a major component in this show. Peyton and Brooke are friends from the beginning of the show all the way until the end. They go through the toughest times together and end up being more like sisters in the end. Brooke and Haley’s friendship starts later on in the show. These two support and care for each other, and are even the godmother's for each other's children. Haley and Lucas show us that guys and girls can be just friends, protect each other, and care for each other. The friendship between Haley and Lucas never breaks. This show teaches us that friendships are important and that true friends with always be there for you no matter what. Friends will step up to protect you, they will love you when you are at your worst, and when you are at your best, and will grow to become a part of your family.

Family: One Tree Hill shows many family structures. Some characters grew up with both parents, only one parent, or may have raised themselves. Peyton lost her mom at a young age, Lucas was raised by his mom and his uncle, Nathan had both parents, and Brooke was pretty much on her own. They all come from different backgrounds, but they didn’t let that affect their future. Nathan and Haley have a son in high school, but they don't let that stop them from being great parents. With the help of their friends they provide Jamie with love, compassion and support that shapes him into a respectful young boy. Peyton and Lucas welcome a little girl into their lives, and Brooke and Julian welcome twin boys into the world after Brooke is told that she can never have children. Clay rediscovers his son that he lost after his wife from his first marriage passed away. Clay and Quinn welcome the little boy, Logan, into their lives, giving Clay the opportunity to make up for lost years and giving Quinn a child to love as her own. Family is always number one and this show provides a great example of this.

This show tugs at your heart strings. It is full of emotion and meaning, and it is way too relatable. There are so many lessons to be learned from this show, and these are only just a few. I encourage everyone to watch this show because it will provide you with a new outlook on things. It will encourage you to never take anything for granted, and it teaches you that love is real, friends are forever, and family is the most important thing there is.