Oh Crap, I Am About To Be Twenty-Five | The Odyssey Online

Oh Crap, I Am About To Be Twenty-Five

Its not that I am dreading it, but I'm not sure how much I am looking forward to it either.

17
Oh Crap, I Am About To Be Twenty-Five

April 10th is the day I turn 25 this year. Its not that I am dreading it, but I'm not sure how much I am looking forward to it either. I know people who are older are probably rolling their eyes because after all, I am still in my twenties. But seriously people, I am about to be halfway through my twenties. That is scary to me! As I count down the days to this day, many thoughts are running through my mind.

Wasn't I just turning 21 like 5 min ago?

Seriously where did the time go? I remember my 21st birthday like it was yesterday and now I am seriously about to turn 25? Turning 21 seems to be the turning point in age and after that birthday it seems like you get older faster. When I was 20, I thought my 21st birthday would never get here. Now I'm like holy crap slow down!

I've got one more year of being on my parents insurance.

This one is actually giving me anxiety. I seriously do not know how I am going to afford insurance on my own when I turn 26. Who wants to pay for insurance anyway? I'll pay for my other bills, like my phone and groceries, and rent, but I am not interested in paying for health insurance.

Friends getting engaged, married, and having kids is no big deal anymore.

When I first hit my 20's, people from high school were popping kids out, getting engaged and/or married, and I would screen shot my Facebook every time and send it to my friends. We would be like "omg that is so crazy I can't believe that". Now, its just a matter of who is next, because that shit is just cropping up left, right, and center at this point.

I'm going to actually be a quarter of a century old.

I know in the scheme of things, 25 isn't that old, but when your family reminds you that you are about to be a quarter of a century old, it definitely makes you feel old. I usually just come back at my mom saying that I am going to be half her age and then ask her if that makes her feel old.

Does turning 25 mean I have a better reason to stay in on the weekends?

Don't get me wrong, I still like to go out every now and then, but when you go out in a college town and you're surrounded by a bunch of 18 year old's getting wasted and falling all over each other, it makes you question why you decided to go out in the first place. I just want to enjoy a few drinks with my friends without having to listen to you all screaming and acting a fool.

Do I have to stop drinking PBR?

Does turning 25 mean I have to stop drinking shitty beer? Duh its not that good, but its like $2.00 and what is better than that? PBR was like my introduction to the drinking world of beer. I don't think I am ready to give that up yet.

There are definitely a lot more thoughts going through my head as I turn 25, and these are just a few of them. I think one of the major ones is still "what am I going to do with my life?" but I have decided to block that one from my mind for the time being because I feel like I've got it figured out and am doing pretty well for a 25 year old!

Hopefully turning 25 won't be as bad as I am overthinking it to be.