Remembering 'Hannah Montana' On Its 10th Anniversary

We had the best of both worlds when this show was on air.

65
Wikipedia

This past Thursday, although not recognized as a national holiday, was a big day for all of our inner middle school girls. That's right, Hannah Montana, our favorite show, turned the big 1-0. So grab your Hannah Montana CD's, including the Hannah Montana/Meet Miley Cyrus double CD, channel your inner twelve-year-old and reminisce on the television show that helped establish our generation.

The song lyrics spoke to our pre-teen selves.

"Nobody's Perfect," "If We Were a Movie," "I Got Nerve," "Best of Both Worlds" and plenty more songs that were debuted throughout the series are still the songs we know all the lyrics to. We are able to quote them in everyday conversation. Plus, if you go on a road trip with your friends, you can always know Hannah Montana is a car favorite.

The major love triangle between Miley, Jesse and Jake Ryan was definitely a big deal.

The only major conflict we tween girls worried about. We were all okay with Hannah/Miley with teen heart throb Jake Ryan, and then here came super cute Jesse being all musical and adorable. We literally had anxiety over this episode because we were genuinely worried about who she would pick. Remember the scene when she held the two pictures and was super indecisive? However, everything worked out in the end (spoiler alert: she chose Jake), but for a solid 30 minutes, we were nauseous.

Miley/Hannah, Oliver and Lily were the original fam.

Let's be honest, Miley Stewart, Oliver Oken and Lily Truscott were seriously squad goals. Whether they were sneaking into school or incognito backstage at a Hannah Montana concert as Lola and Mike Standley III, these three showed just how much they all loved each other and that things come better in threes.

The clever catch phrases were on point.

"Say what?" "Sweet nibblets!" "Dang flabbit!" "Freaky Freaky Fresh." No matter what the phrase, Hannah Montana gave us some pretty great lingo to use in our middle school days.

Miley's brother Jackson was secretly our fave.

Everyone's favorite brother, of course, was Jackson Rod Stewart. From his crazy antics, clever humor, and innovative ideas (Cheese Jerky am I right?), Jackson hopped his way into our hearts. Some of my favorite parts of Hannah Montana were the songs he sang and the times he worked at Rico's Surf Shop. And can we not forget that the actor who played Jackson (Jason Earles) was like 30 years old playing a high schooler.

There were so many great guest stars.

From Jesse McCartney, Dolly Parton and Brooke Shields, Hannah Montana/Miley had some pretty awesome people in her life, including my personal favorite, the Jonas Brothers. We also loved those times when Disney would mash up all of our favorite shows into one beautiful episode, especially That's So Suite Life of Hannah Montana.

We loved The Hannah Montana Movie.

There were many great things that came from The Hannah Montana Movie, including The Climb, the Hoedown Throwdown, and the total hunk Travis. HM fans went crazy for this movie, and it still holds its own today (or at least in my book).

"Sweet Home Hannah Montana" was a memorable episode.

No one can forget the time when the Stewart family moved to their super cool new house, leaving behind the big piano and the infamous leg stand table. However, we secretly hated the new house solely because of Hannah's closet. Ten years later, that closet is still goals.

We shed some tears when the secret was out.

This was one of the most intense moments of the show. We all cringed as Hannah took off her wig in front of her audience. Not only did we have to go through this moment again (because Hannah did the same thing in the movie), but our best-kept secret was now revealed to the world. No more chaos of trying to keep Miley from being an ordinary girl. Honestly, my heart was shattered in this moment.

Happy 10th Anniversary Hannah Montana. Thank you for all of the great memories and for being a big part of my pre-teen days. I guess I really did get the best of both worlds.