An Inside Look At The Nation's Most Beautiful Parks: Part 2 | The Odyssey Online

An Inside Look At The Nation's Most Beautiful Parks: Part 2

​"...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world."

139
http://static1.squarespace.com/static/553fd22be4b09bfe06cec52e/t/55de544fe4b01894cf624339/1440633944373/

�It is easy to see why the national parks within the United States of America have become some of its greatest treasures. While urban areas within the States provide great entertainment, the national parks give travelers an insight to a whole other world that has been virtually untouched by humans. Whether you are more interested in mountains or canyons, lakes or deserts, one of the fifty-eight parks in the United States will be able to satisfy your need for beauty and your love of adventure.

1. Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho

As the first national park in the world, Yellowstone clearly has a lot to offer. While it is known for being a geothermal hot spot, with active geysers spewing out scorching water, and colorful pools that are home to bacteria that thrive in extreme heat, many people do not know that these occur because the park sits atop an ancient, colossal volcano. The volcano, which erupted about 640,000 years ago, has created a fertile and hospitable environment for all kinds of creatures and the park is also known for its incredible wildlife. Grizzly bears, moose and elk, buffalo, and wolves are only some of the animals that call Yellowstone home and the park offers incredible opportunities for travelers to really see all that nature has to offer.

2. Glacier National Park, Montana

Glacier National Park is one of the most beautiful parks in the world. Known for its incredibly large and ancient glaciers that have carved their way through the mountains, the park is home to an unimaginable amount of glacial lakes, rivers and waterfalls. With tons of hiking trails and adventures waiting to happen, Glacier National Park should be a number one bucket list item.

3. Denali National Park, Alaska

Denali National Park is the ultimate destination for mountaineers in the United States as the park is home to North America's tallest mountain, Denali, which sits at an impressive 20,310 feet. Although the mountain is the park's highlight, it also encompasses 6 million acres of Alaska's most gorgeous wilderness. With activities like wildlife viewing, hiking, fishing and seeing the aurora borealis Denali National Park should be on everyone's travel list.

4. Redwood National Park, California

While the sequoias in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park are known for being the largest trees in the world, the redwoods that make up Redwood National Park are characterized as the tallest. You can spend your time wandering the tall, emerald forest or the daunting backcountry, or you could find yourself walking along the ocean picking up seashells, but however you choose to spend your time, this National Park has so much to offer.

5. Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado

Although Colorado is generally known for its tall mountain peaks that taunt those who dare try to conquer them...they have a surprising national park that is know for its tall mountains of sand. The tall dunes of sand sit at the base of the Rocky Mountains and they offer all sorts of adventures including photography, horseback riding, backpacking and water activities in the creek nearby.

6. Crater Lake National Park, Oregon

Crater Lake National Park got its name from the large lake that formed within the crater of a volcano that had a violent eruption around 7,700 years ago. The purity of the lake is unmistakable and it happens to be the deepest lake in the USA, which makes it a must see destination as all of those who lay their eyes on it are amazed by its beauty and history.

7. Channel Islands National Park, California

The five islands that make up the Channel Islands have been virtually untouched for hundreds of years, making them seem like a completely different world then California, which they border. The island's isolation have provided completely unique environments that house animals and plants that are not found anywhere else and their pristine beauty make them even more breathtaking. With tons of water activities including, snorkeling, whale watching, kayaking and diving, you would never run out of things to do as you take a trip back in time.

8. Carlsbad Caverns National Park, New Mexico

Deep in the desert of New Mexico, surrounded by blooming cacti and a sandy terrain is Carlsbad Caverns National Park. With around 120 caves that live below the Chihuahuan Desert, this park is perfect for exploration and adventure.

9. Zion National Park, Utah

The towering sandstone cliffs that gleam a crimson and rose color in the sunlight and the dense forested valley that is green and vibrant make up the beauty of Zion National Park. The park offers beauty and adventures, including canyoneering, climbing, river trips and camping.

10. Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado

Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado encompasses everything that makes the mountains so majestic and incredible. There are hundreds of miles of hiking trails and the park includes some of the tallest mountains in the United States and the wildlife and plants that go along with it. Whether you are there during the day or during the night, the beauty that the park offers is endless.

National parks are the few untouched places that we still have in this world. As part two of the list of national parks, but not all of them, I encourage you to go to https://www.nps.gov and discover more about the hidden beauties that thrive within the United States.

You can check out part one here: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/nations-beautiful...

"...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world."