My Prayer For Aleppo | The Odyssey Online

My Prayer For Aleppo

With innocent children and families suffering amidst the devastation in Aleppo, let us come together in prayer.

14
My Prayer For Aleppo
British Broadcasting Corporation

The horrifying events occurring in Aleppo have my heart aching and mind reeling for any sense of relief that can be given to those suffering in the devastation. Aleppo, the largest city in Syria has been a dangerous place for its inhabitants living in a civil war zone between rebel forces, the Syrian government, and outside influencers; however, the militarization of the city is not what brings the event to our attention, but rather the thousands of innocent civilians caught in the middle of the attack who are being killed and wounded in bombings and shootings. The majority of people affected by the destruction are not apart of either side of the battle but are people who merely live in the city.

I am ashamed that it has taken this long for me to become aware of the seriousness that is occurring there. It has become so easy for me to go about my comfortable life with no regard for those out there longing for what I have. As I see more images and videos that bring to light the gravity of the devastation, I can longer be ignorant to it. I think it is time we all wake up and turn to God and beg for His mercy and grace to be poured out upon those in Aleppo. Instead of looking to Him with anger and doubt because of the despair we are seeing, let us lean on Him with trust and hope that His will be done in Syria.

Let us pray for protection of those still amidst the tragedy and for the desperately needed rescue and evacuation of the children and families. Many remain without security and many are sick and wounded. Let us pray evacuation efforts can continue and all can be removed from the city into safety.

Let us pray that those who remain suffering in the city can find peace and comfort in Jesus Christ and lean not on their own understanding. May their pain be lifted and hearts be filled with hope for a new tomorrow.

Let us pray for healing mentally, physically, and spiritually.

Let us pray for divine intervention and for peace to be restored. Let us beg that all sides put down their arms and that the violence will cease. Let the massacre and suffering end and peace return.

Let us pray that the hearts of those fighting be turned away from violence and toward peace.

Let us pray for the needs of those who have lost their families and homes that they find safety and security. May they be lifted from the ruins and be provided with the food, shelter, and the healthcare they so desperately need.

Let us pray for those whose lives were lost. May they rest peacefully.

Let us remember what is impossible with man is possible with God. I beg that we all come together and ask that God intervene and rescue those in Aleppo. Let us pray for the day, "Violence shall no longer be heard in your land, devastation within your borders. You shall call your walls Salvation and your gates be Praise." (Isaiah 60:18)