12 Shows You Need to Watch On Netflix | The Odyssey Online

12 Shows You Need to Watch On Netflix

Ready. Set. Binge!

4147
12 Shows You Need to Watch On Netflix
netdna-ssl.com

Netflix is something that I use way too often. It has thousands of TV shows and Movies to choose from, so there is bound to be something you find that interests you. Just so you know: if I ever claim to be too tired to hang out, there is a high chance that I am curled up in bed watching one of these shows.

1. The Office

The office has been one of my favorite shows for a long as I can remember. If you are one of the few people, who has not seen it, it is about a paper company in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Although that may not sound super interesting, the show itself is hilarious. It is my go-to show on Netflix to watch whenever I am feeling sad and want to laugh. The Office, has characters with different types of personalities come together in a way that will make you laugh out loud. It has nine seasons and the show ended in 2013, so you do not have to wait for more seasons to be added.

2. Gilmore Girls

Okay, I honestly wish I was Rory Gilmore. She is beyond smart, lives in an adorable town and dated three really cute guys. This show takes place in a small town in Connecticut called Stars Hallow. It is all about the mother-daughter relationship between Rory and her mom, Lorelai. It has seven seasons, that ended in 2007. you basically watch as Rory grows up in this small town, and how brilliant she is. Netflix heard our cries for more Gilmore girls and actually made a continuation with the original cast. the whole storyline is so cute, its hard to stop watching.

3. Parks and Rec

This show I have probably watched at least 3 separate times, all the way through. It is set in pawnee, Indiana and follows the lives of those who work in the local government's office. It is honestly hilarious and something you won't regret watching. this is one of the only shows I know, that every single episode is ridiculously funny. Each character is so unique and funny in their own way, that it makes the show amazing. One of my personal favorite characters is Ben. He was an 18-year-old mayor and basically ruined his town.He is smart, obsessed with calzones and terrible at making stop action movies. There are seven seasons and the show ended in 2015.

4. Shameless

This show has gotten quite popular in the past few months. It takes place on the south side of Chicago and follows a raunchy white trash family. Fiona, the oldest daughter, has 4 siblings that she takes care of. Her father is an alcoholic and her mother is out of the picture. This show is definitely for those of older ages because of some of the topics that are discussed. you watch as the children grow up in this dysfunctional family, and how it affects each of them differently. there are currently only six seasons available on Netflix.

5. That 70's Show

I am currently re-watching this show. It is such a feel- good show, you cant help but smile and sing along when they start to play the theme song. the show takes place in Point Place, Wisconsin during the 70s (duh). it shows a group of neighborhood friends, growing up together and experiencing all life has to offer. It is pretty relatable, the characters go through the struggles of relationships, friendships, and being bored of their hometown. this show has eight seasons, and it ended in 2006.

8. Freaks And Geeks

I am a little bias to this show, The writer was an alum of my high school! The show takes place in Flint, Michigan and follows the lives of those who attend the local high school. The so-called Freaks are those who would be considered burn-outs. The show shows Lindsay weir who made the transition from geek to freak in the beginning of the show. This show describes how the labels we give people don't matter as much as we care to think. Unfortunately, this show only lasted for 18 episodes. however, it features a young James Franco, Seth Rogen and Jason Segel.

9. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

This show is fairly new and only offered on Netflix. It is about a girl who was kidnapped for 15 years, by a cult leader. when she is rescued, she decides to reclaim her life and move to New York city. She moves into a small apartment with her roommate, Titus. She is still stuck in her mind-set from 15 years ago, so Titus reintroduces her to modern life. her overly positive attitude is sure to brighten anyone's day. This show currently has two seasons on Netflix. It was written by the amazingly funny Tina Fey, so you know it will be a hit.

10. New Girl

If I could describe myself as any character, it would probably be Jess from New Girl. She is an optimistic, creative school teacher, who loves singing. This show follows her and her three roommates, who happen to be boys. It shows the impact of their friendship over the course of the seasons, and how her positive spirit effects their lives. This show is honestly amazing. The characters all have the most incredibly witty one-liners and the show as a whole is so entertaining to watch.There are five seasons available on Netflix.

11. Friends

This show is pretty iconic, many people have watched it before. The show takes place in New York City during the 90s- early 00s. It showcases a group of friends living together and how their relationships change over the years. It is such a genuine, feel- good show that I am sure you will be smiling from ear to ear while watching it. It has ten seasons available and the show ended in 2004.

12. Stranger Things

This is another show that is offered only on Netflix. It is brand- new, with only one season available to stream. The next season is not coming out until Halloween, so you have time to catch up! Stranger Things is set in the 80s and takes place in a fictional town called, Hawkins, Indiana. The show follows a group of friends, who spend most of their time playing Dungeons and Dragons and riding their bikes. Their world is turned upside down when one of them goes missing. It opens their eyes to a world that they didn't even know existed. I highly recommend watching this show. even for those of you who may fear getting scared, like I was, it is not as scary as many might think. this show focuses primarily on the importance of friendship and accepting those who may be different than you.

I have grown to love the characters from each of these shows, even sometimes wishing that I lived in their world and was able to hang out with them. I hope that these shows give you as much joy, as they give me!

Happy watching!!