To My Favorite Place | The Odyssey Online

To My Favorite Place

We all have one.

46
To My Favorite Place
City-data.com

Winter break is your time to relax and rejuvenate after four, long months. There is truly no better spot to spend some of your break than at your favorite place.

To my favorite place,

I still get butterflies after twenty-one years together. I accelerate down the Atlantic City Expressway to get to you. My heart races as I drive over the bridge and into your zipcode. I count down the minutes until I pull into your driveway. I over-analyze which route to take in hopes of gaining an extra moment with you. I was with you thirty-two days in 2016, and that was still not enough time.

The smell of salt air that permeates the car, as I drive over the bridge and see the panoramic view of the bay meeting the Atlantic, is forever ingrained into my memory. I drive along the main street which is lined with shops that are filled with every item needed for a great, beach day. I pass two Wawas and a Dunkin Donuts within two miles, which energizes my love for you. I slow for bike riders and dog-walkers which only delays my arrival. I finally turn onto your street, and travel along the bay until I find you, my favorite place.

There you are, the same as you have been my entire life. Just how I like you. No matter the season or time of day, you are always waiting for me with an open door.

There are so many things that I love about you: the sound of the tires crunching on the driveway, waking up to the sound of seagulls outside my window, but most of all, your backyard. The countless hours I have gotten lost daydreaming or overthinking on the dock, with my feet swaying over the bay, are too many to count. The moments that I felt overwhelmed suddenly 'went out to sea' when I was with you. No matter the situation, I always walk away feeling better after my time spent on East Shore Drive.

I grew up with you. During each phase of my life, you were there for me. Some of my most memorable moments happened under your roof and I hope for many more to come.

Everyone has their favorite place. Some may say it is their campus, a favorite vacation spot, a bench overlooking their favorite view, but you will forever be mine. You were with me with every high and low tide, and and I know that will never change. Just like your slogan says, Brigantine, you truly are "an island you'll love for life!".

Thank you, my favorite place, for the years of comfort during difficult days. Just being within 08203 has always brought me a sense of calm and relaxation. Waking up under your roof provides me with more happiness than any house I have ever lived or stayed in. No matter the occasion for my visit, I am 'shore' to have a wonderful time.