My Adventures in London (Part 1)

My Adventures in London (Part 1)

Week one is done. What will happen in the upcoming weeks?

62
My Adventures in London (Part 1)

As of today, I have been in London for a week. Although I have only been here for seven days, I have already been on multiple adventures and made new friends.

Here is a list of some of my London adventures (in no particular order):

1. Thought Green Park Was Hyde Park

For my walking tour class, my partner and I had to pick walks from a book and follow them. After successfully getting us to the Hyde Park Corner tube station, I fancied myself a navigator and belived that the Wellington Arch at the entrance to Green Park was the Marble Arch at the entrance to Hyde Park. We eventually realized that we were in the wrong park and had to figure out how to get to the right one, which is another story.

2. Got Lost in Hyde Park

Once we got to Hyde Park, we noticed that it was not as full of life as Green Park was. We tried to follow the walk in our book, but there was some kind of excavations occurring. We made it through most of our walk, when we took a path that just kept going. This led us on another adventure into a beautiful garden filled with fountains and dogs.

3. Watched Les Mis in the Queen's Theatre

As part of my study abroad program, I am taking a theater class. The first day of theater, she handed us a list of the plays we will be seeing this semster, Les Mis being the first. I dressed up, we took the bus, scrambled for a group picture for one of our projects, and met our professor at the theater. My friends and I grabbed glasses of wine and took our seats. When the lights went down and the musical began, I was astounded. I was never a musical theater fan, but after that night I will never judge a play or musical before I watch it.

4. Viewed the Elgin Marbles

After reading "Ode on a Grecian Urn" and "On Seeing the Elgin Marbles," by Keats in our London in Literature class, we went to the British Museum and looked at the section of the Elgin Marbles that is mention in these lines: "Who are these coming to the sacrifice? / To what green altar, O mysterious priest, / Lead'st thou that heifer lowing at the skies." We lookedat the cow that stares upward at almost nothing while she is held down by humans.

5. Went to Chinatown

The smells of delicious restaurants were everywhere, but we were on a mission. We wanted cheap food and we had been promised we would find a noodlebar with a five pound meal box. When we found it, we were not dissapointed.